Gravity (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I still think this was a crazy experience in the cinema, very well-directed, a crazy amount of effort was put into this movie. But it's overrated. I didn't mind Bullock or Clooney compared how i thought i'd react (i usually can't stand Sandra in anything). But i didn't think her acting was that impressive. I felt she had some bad moments to be honest. Clooney and Bullock were also unnecessary and didn't really help the film. They could have cast actors who weren't as huge in the public eye. They were obviously thinking of box-office by getting those two, but i think it would have been successful regardless.

Louis CK has a point lol. Honest Trailers was pretty good too.

Still in my top 10 from last year but it's now in the bottom half. The score, all that jazz was great but the dialogue was a little dumb the more i think about it. The writing itself, casting (i dont care, im a SB hater), takes it down a notch. It also doesn't have much repeat value. It's a movie made for Imax or at least the big screen + 3D. Take away that experience and it doesn't mean much to me. Because that's what it's all about....a cinematic experience. Now the blu-ray is getting bad reviews, which makes me not want to buy it.

I hate herd mentality of hating on a film just for the sake of hating on a film. This and American Hustle were the two unfortunate victims of last year's popular films.

I hope that's not directed towards me, because i still like Gravity, i just think it's overrated.

American Hustle, yeah, people love to hate on that. I still dig that movie more than Gravity.

I have so many problems with the word "overrated."

It's up there with the misuse of "pretentious" and "ironic."

The blu-ray is getting perfect reviews on major blu-ray review sites.

Also, films don't live or die by their scientific accuracy. That's as surface level as it gets, and thus as trite a criticism as possible.

-Vader

After seeing it twice in 3D...when I saw it on my projector without 3D it held its repeat value and more. Probably my best viewing. The blu is earning well deserved perfect scores like Vader mentioned.

Hopefully I will have the same luck with Blue is the warmest color criterion tonight. I know the extras are lacking but getting great visual/audio reviews.

Vader182 wrote:The blu-ray is getting perfect reviews on major blu-ray review sites.
We were literally talking about being unimpressed by it yesterday douchefag.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:The blu-ray is getting perfect reviews on major blu-ray review sites.
I am, but the person said review sites are too. That isn't true lol.

-Vader

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:I have so many problems with the word "overrated."

It's up there with the misuse of "pretentious" and "ironic."
:clap: :thumbup:

Vader182 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
I am, but the person said review sites are too. That isn't true lol.

-Vader
Aight fine come over but not without the butt plug if you come without the butt plug I won't let you in