Gravity (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
theseeker9175 wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Eh, I think the running time was perfect for the movie. it didn't needed more or less.
Did you like the film overall?
No, I didn't like it.
Loved it

Gravity is a pretty amazing film. Mind blowing and mesmerizing. Definitely a masterpiece from Cuaron.

Even though I think his best overall film is still Children of Men.
Last edited by DKnight007 on October 19th, 2013, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:To people who think the story wasn't on par with visuals - what did you expect: aliens, more splosions, love triangle with the dead guy? Story was perfectly adequate for a wannabe realistic space epic because it was telling a tale about humans, not superheroes.

Exactly! :clap:

the_red_ninja wrote: Regarding the return of Matt
In that moment I was like "yoooou piece of shit" I was furious at him, first for leaving then for just barging in being as cool and casual as ever. At the same time my eyes were starting to water from being so happy to see him again. Then it was over :blank:
They got me good yo.
:lol: :D

I don't understand why are people criticizing the story. It's not Woody Allen or Tarantino, and yes, it's pretty simple, but is really well executed the whole thing. Also it's not really unbearable the emotional tone of the movie at least for me. The Descendants (a movie I love and has a big emotional tone), compared to this, looks like a telenovela.

Also, some people seem to hate the score....lolwut? :crazy:

i only have a problem with how at some point sandra began spelling out what was going on in the character's arc

it makes sense for her to want to say it out loud, sonsidering her default insecurity + the one added by her loneliness in the situation

and still

How on earth did you manage to bring up The Descendants when talking about Gravity? "looks like a telenovela", what?

prince0gotham wrote:
i only have a problem with how at some point sandra began spelling out what was going on in the character's arc

it makes sense for her to want to say it out loud, sonsidering her default insecurity + the one added by her loneliness in the situation

and still
I thought about it only after my second viewing, it's meant to be exposition for us ''noobs'', even though it was quite obvious what she was dealing with and what needed to be done, but it's Cuaron's way of (over)exposing us and preparing us for dr. Stone's grand finale.

m4st4 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:

and still
I thought about it only after my second viewing, it's meant to be exposition for us ''noobs'', even though it was quite obvious what she was dealing with and what needed to be done, but it's Cuaron's way of (over)exposing us and preparing us for dr. Stone's grand finale.
yeah it's just that it felt unnecessary considering you could read it on her face and in her acting and you could understand from what was about to happen and just hearing her say it (too) felt more out of character than like a part of the character

prince0gotham wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:

and still
yeah it's just that it felt unnecessary considering you could read it on her face and in her acting and you could understand from what was about to happen and just hearing her say it (too) felt more out of character than like a part of the character
Somehow, yeah. One explanation could be - she's like that in general, so after Kowalski left her she just naturally started to go with the flow... pinpoint each and every step through her head as well as out loud, so it's perfectly clear for her (AND for us, via Cuaron's choice). I don't mind it as much but it's there.