World War Z (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Since the book doesn't have one main character I wonder who Pitt will be playing. And what changes they have made to the story. I have high hopes tho.
Say Girl

aww thought James Gray was attached to direct :cry:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Yeah it better be gruesome!

Z. Cobb wrote:Yeah it better be gruesome!
You just cannot take a PG-13 zombie film seriously. It would just be a bad spoof. This has potential of being one of the most bad ass zombie films ever made with Pitt starring and Bob Richardson.

MrG
I think a PG-13 zombie film is definitely possible but it'd be really hard to make it work successfully and it might be something I'd want to see. On the other hand, World War Z is NOT the film to test that out with. Massive battles and extremely gory and intense moments is not the definition of a PG-13 film. Come on Hollywood, you struck down del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness and Verbinski's Bioshock because of their ratings, so please don't make this mistake again.

A pg-13 zombie film... no thanks... i wanna watch zombies and battles with a lot of stray blood in the air. The book was so good it makes it almost impossible to mess it up but knowing hollywood... it could happen :(

Z. Cobb wrote:A pg-13 zombie film... no thanks... i wanna watch zombies and battles with a lot of stray blood in the air. The book was so good it makes it almost impossible to mess it up but knowing hollywood... it could happen :(
Yeah the book was great... Pitt wont let them fuck it up
Say Girl

Pitt is insanely picky about his projects, and tends to be very creatively involved. For AOJJ he made sure the title was kept, and it's running time wasn't cut too much, despite realizing they wouldn't be able to market the film well. He cared about the substance and integrity of the whole film, it's why I respect him so.

-Vader

This is not coming out in 2014 do not use imdb as your source. This will be out 2012.