Terminator: Genisys (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Wikipedia says "While Terminator Salvation was initially intended to begin a new trilogy, production of a fifth film has been halted by legal trouble, as well as production company Halcyon filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.[6] While some anonymous sources[7] insist that Terminator 5 will be moving forward, the majority of analysts predict that its future is in jeopardy.[8][9] In late September 2009, it was announced that the rights for the franchise are once again up for sale as the Halcyon Company tries to pull itself out of bankruptcy.[10] In late October 2009, Halcyon announced it would auction off the rights to future Terminator material and is seeking $60–70 million, though the only offer was made by director Joss Whedon for $10,000.[11][12] In December 2009, Halcyon issued a statement saying that they are looking at various options including sale and refinancing of the rights with an announcement on the outcome no later than February 1, 2010.[13] On February 8, 2010, an auction was held to determine the owner of the Terminator rights. After studios Sony and Lionsgate bid separately from 3 PM to 8 PM, Pacificor, the hedge fund who pushed Halycon into bankruptcy, made a deal for $29.5 million. As of June 2010, Pacificor has hired an agency to sell off the rights to franchise.[14][15] In August 2010 it was reported that a new Terminator film is being developed. The new film would not be a direct sequel to Salvation, but rather an animated reboot of the original series. It will be entitled Terminator 3000 and will be shot by Hannover House.[16] However, Pacificor, the owner of the rights to the Terminator franchise, has not given any official license to Hannover House to develop a new movie.[17] The company posted a warning to Hannover:

"Please be advised that developing, producing, marketing or in any other way utilising characters and situations which are part of the Terminator franchise infringes upon and interferes with Pacificor's ownership rights."
Pacificor, warning Hannover House for making a new Terminator movie, without any license.[18]

On February 16, 2011 it was announced that Universal was considering a fifth Terminator film with Arnold Schwarzenegger returning as the star and with Fast Five's Justin Lin directing along with Chris Morgan as the screenwriter. Discussions for the film are in the very early stages. [19]

Still not sure on whether a 5th will be made...but I think they should make a 5th one with someone at least as good as the director who did Salvation They should complete story and in this next one ideally, or if they have to save for the one after that (really, we don't have to drag to 6), that John Connor sends Kyle Reese back in time to impregnate his mother and make sure he's born.

Edit: At first this does seem pretty silly...I mean, when I heard of Terminator 4 after that 3 one I was like...this is stupid. But the 4th actually wasn't bad and I think they should make a 5th one just as good, hopefully better and just complete the story with it being in 2028 or whatever.
Last edited by SantomTheWhite on April 7th, 2011, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

imo... :facepalm:

There is no use in milking a dead cow

Clown wrote:There is no use in milking a dead cow
many people were considering the Batman Franchise a dead cow too after Batman & Robin. it is obvious now that the main problem was the lack of creativity and the ability of storytelling with some great ideas.£

Eh. :|

Terminator Salvation failed. This will probably fail. Expect the unexpected though, that's what I always say.

Hey I'm all for it. Salvation was decent.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Mason01 wrote:Terminator Salvation failed. This will probably fail. Expect the unexpected though, that's what I always say.
No-Terminator 3 failed...Salvation was way better then that :D

Mr. Caine wrote:
Mason01 wrote:Terminator Salvation failed. This will probably fail. Expect the unexpected though, that's what I always say.
No-Terminator 3 failed...Salvation was way better then that :D
Oh yeah, I'd have to agree. The third was the worst in the series by far. But Salvation took a pretty big leap by advancing the series into the future, but I just didn't feel a connection. And that CGI Arnie... :facepalm:

Mason01 wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: No-Terminator 3 failed...Salvation was way better then that :D
Oh yeah, I'd have to agree. The third was the worst in the series by far. But Salvation took a pretty big leap by advancing the series into the future, but I just didn't feel a connection. And that CGI Arnie... :facepalm:
They should just stoped after T2 :P