Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A Letter to Three Wives is an astonishingly underrated film by everyone except AMPAS.

Which version of Once Upon a Time in America should I watch?

I have seen the 229 minute version and it works like a charm. There are very very few scenes where you are able to make out that something is missing. I actually just remember one such scene.
In the 251 minute version I think you can clearly make out the extra footage as it is taken from different film element, so that can prove distracting to some in a way. But I'm not sure how much it adds to the overall quality of the film.
Personally I'm so fond of the 229 minute version, that I might not watch any other version ever.
Obviously don't watch the 139 minute version.

aight thanks

So, I might be able to catch a 4K screening of Maurice. I still pity the fact that I missed that theaters 4K screening of Howard's End (and I still haven't seen that film) and as of yet I can't find a proper torrent of Maurice, either. Has anybody seen it?

Will I miss anything essential if I haven't seen the Rocky sequels when watching Creed 2? I've only seen the first Rocky and the first Creed.

Nomis wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 11:09 am
Will I miss anything essential if I haven't seen the Rocky sequels when watching Creed 2? I've only seen the first Rocky and the first Creed.
Creed 2 feeds off of Rocky IV.

It's my least favorite of the series because the story is so thin, but it's still "short and sweet" to get through if you have to.

Tbh I turned Rocky 2 off a couple minutes in lol guess I should give it a go?

I'm looking for a documentary behind the scenes of shooting a movie, focused primarly on actually SHOOTING a scenes not an entire doc about it's realization. If this is possible would like to see shooting a smaller movie, not blockbuster.

Nomis wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 11:28 am
Tbh I turned Rocky 2 off a couple minutes in lol guess I should give it a go?
Up to you. I marathoned them on AMC before Creed came out, and I enjoyed them all.