Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thanks Armand.

Also Vader, that Antonioni trilogy is just perfect, I love those films so much.

Mishima A Life in Four Chapters is incredible btw

Do you guys think I’d like Donald Glover’s Atlanta? I’ve always been aware of this show but for some reason whenever I’m looking for things to watch it always slips through my mind. But I’m also wondering if it’d be my kind of thing or not.

Ruth wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 4:53 pm
Do you guys think I’d like Donald Glover’s Atlanta? I’ve always been aware of this show but for some reason whenever I’m looking for things to watch it always slips through my mind. But I’m also wondering if it’d be my kind of thing or not.
Not sure what to tell you since I don't know what your thing is. I can tell you for me that it is one of the best shows on TV and almost after each episode you are still processing what you just watched because of the excellent writing, directing, and acting. The show has 4 main characters with great character growth and developing the relationships between them.

Ruth wrote:
It's my favorite show on TV. It's like Twin Peaks with rappers. Less soap opera-y and more The Return-esque. Try to get through like 3 episodes. It's got a weird, dreamy tone, but I think it works really well. The show has crazy range too, goes from hilarious to horrifying in minutes.

Bacon wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:23 am
Ruth wrote:
It's my favorite show on TV. It's like Twin Peaks with rappers. Less soap opera-y and more The Return-esque. Try to get through like 3 episodes. It's got a weird, dreamy tone, but I think it works really well. The show has crazy range too, goes from hilarious to horrifying in minutes.
Off topic, but did Twin Peaks aged well? I am considering watching it because I just got to know David Lynch's movies.

bootsy wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 6:51 pm
Ruth wrote:
Not sure what to tell you since I don't know what your thing is. I can tell you for me that it is one of the best shows on TV and almost after each episode you are still processing what you just watched because of the excellent writing, directing, and acting. The show has 4 main characters with great character growth and developing the relationships between them.
Sorry for perhaps wording my initial post poorly, I was just kind of hoping some of the other members who are maybe more familiar with me on here would have some sort of idea of what I usually gravitate towards in shows/movies.

@Bacon, damn, that sounds really intriguing.

Ruth wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 9:33 am
bootsy wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 6:51 pm
Ruth wrote:
Sorry for perhaps wording my initial post poorly, I was just kind of hoping some of the other members who are maybe more familiar with me on here would have some sort of idea of what I usually gravitate towards in shows/movies.

@Bacon, damn, that sounds really intriguing.
Hopefully what I posted was intriguing too in addition to what Bacon said. :D

dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:26 am
Bacon wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Off topic, but did Twin Peaks aged well? I am considering watching it because I just got to know David Lynch's movies.
Twin Peaks is amazing. The second season dips in quality for a while, but the ending is incredible. The Return is a masterpiece.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 2:38 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:26 am
Bacon wrote:

Twin Peaks is amazing. The second season dips in quality for a while, but the ending is incredible. The Return is a masterpiece.

-Vader
Must I watch from the first season?

do you usually start tv shows after the first season

-Vader