Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Offence
The Hill
Long Day's Journey into Night
Prince of the City
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Apart from those mentioned, Find Me Guilty is underrated.

I've heard many top directors recommend a film called Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom.

So, naturally I looked it up. Not my kind of movie by the looks of it :?

To MyCocaine:

There's more magic and wonder in The Wizard of Oz than nearly any other film to this day. That says quite a bit about the film's timeless charm. It's magical, dark, inspiring, and incredibly influential. It's one of those films that truly stands the test of time and is a must see.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: Please watch it, lol.

Skyab23 wrote:To MyCocaine:

There's more magic and wonder in The Wizard of Oz than nearly any other film to this day. That says quite a bit about the film's timeless charm. It's magical, dark, inspiring, and incredibly influential. It's one of those films that truly stands the test of time and is a must see.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: Please watch it, lol.
I get around to it, eventually. Just not enough time and too many movies.

My watchlist of movies is just so full but I take you word for it.

I'll be watching Wild Strawberries and the newest South Park episode this evening.

So.. First Flags of Our Fathers, then Letters from Iwo Jima? Also, do the Japanese speak only Japanese in the latter? I would much prefer that than hear them talking in English when they clearly wouldn't have...

Also, have any of you got like a list of 100 or more films you think every cinephile should've seen?

:D thanks

Nomis wrote:So.. First Flags of Our Fathers, then Letters from Iwo Jima? Also, do the Japanese speak only Japanese in the latter? I would much prefer that than hear them talking in English when they clearly wouldn't have...

Also, have any of you got like a list of 100 or more films you think every cinephile should've seen?
Correct order and they only speak Japanese in "Letters"

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Nomis wrote:So.. First Flags of Our Fathers, then Letters from Iwo Jima? Also, do the Japanese speak only Japanese in the latter? I would much prefer that than hear them talking in English when they clearly wouldn't have...

Correct order and they only speak Japanese in "Letters"