Fright Night (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Redsmile wrote:Colin has to look hot and Leo had to scream and cry. That's easy for both actors I guess. lol
Well, yeah. :lol:

The difference being that not only will Colin look hot, but he'll be giving a damn fine transformation performance in the film. Which, in my opinion (I haven't seen the original Fright Night), will be even more impressive given that apparently it's a one note character. Which I don't doubt being true.

lol yeah the character is no Louie. He looks so much better then the original. I understand your point.
Say Girl

colin looks very nuanced under the characterization..he's living in that skin so i think itll be a great performance

I think that Colin’s performance will be good. Vampires used to be creatures that people feared; I expect to see that in this movie and his performance.

I also hope that they stay away from the overuse of CGI and stick with real effects, like make up and prosthetics. Make the effects sort of homage to the original Fright Night.

JUSTIN time wrote:I think that Colin’s performance will be good. Vampires used to be creatures that people feared; I expect to see that in this movie and his performance.

I also hope that they stay away from the overuse of CGI and stick with real effects, like make up and prosthetics. Make the effects sort of homage to the original Fright Night.

They better do the original justice..
Say Girl

JUSTIN time wrote:I also hope that they stay away from the overuse of CGI and stick with real effects
The shot at the end of the trailer with Colin throwing the motorcycle at the car has me leaning towards the former. But, we'll see.

Redsmile wrote:They better do the original justice..
I hope so. I used to watch the original a lot when I was a kid and I really want to like this remake but if I don’t at least there is the original (which I need to buy sometime).

@ Crazy Eight
Yeah, we will have to wait and see.

I watched it pretty often too. I always thought it would be a great remake. It's so damn dated. It looks like this remake is gonna change lots of details up but stay true to the spirit of the original.
Say Girl