Drive (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dir. Nicolas Winding Refn (Bronson)
Ryan Gosling
Carie Mulligan
Bryan Cranston

The leading actor has described it as being an unusual mix of two unusual movies, Blue Velvet and Purple Rain. Color me intrigued.

This has definitely caught my interest. Wasn't even aware of it before today :D

I guess it’s pretty far out. I’m so deep into it that it doesn’t seem so David Lynchian to me. I remember when I first saw it I thought it was pretty out there and pretty weird. And I guess what happened was that it was going to be a $60 million Universal picture with Hugh Jackman. So that’s where it came from. And Nicolas kind of turned it into a part of his personal style. But it is really good, a really, really exciting film. I would say it’s unique more than weird. My roommate keeps telling me, “This guy you’re working for – he must be insane!” I know on first viewing it strikes people as really weird but I could see it being a really commercial film.
- Gosling

I will see it. Ryan is always top notch
Why you lurking my page brah?

Talli, in the second photo in this thread Gosling's wearing the same clothes he's wearing in the photo in Gangster squad. The shirt is the same, just dirtier.

prince0gotham wrote:Talli, in the second photo in this thread Gosling's wearing the same clothes he's wearing in the photo in Gangster squad. The shirt is the same, just dirtier.

ok?

well i meant that the photo from the gangster squad thread might not be from the set of gangster squad, though his hair cut is different there

prince0gotham wrote:well i meant that the photo from the gangster squad thread might not be from the set of gangster squad, though his hair cut is different there

that photo was taken today

so he kept the shirt from Drive's set i guess