New Avatar Trailer

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

George wrote:Yahoo.com has the new trailer for Avatar in HD: http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/16357 ... dardformat

It looks great :clap:
I'm not massively excited for it, but its still my most anticipated for the rest of 2009.
Have the same feeling about the film. But then again it's James (Iron Jim) Cameron - a true visionary and emotionally brave filmmaker. Not really into the 3D hype, but if there is a filmmaker that can make it work, its Jim. Great director, shitty screenwriter though.

My most anticipated film for the rest 2009 is The Lovely Bones.
@sammyjankis88

Gonna be the best of 2009 that's for sure. From seeing the trailer, I think this could be the movie of the decade.

I'm not very impressed by the trailer. The visuals in the trailer are better than the first trailer but I'm not still not convinced about the film. My most anticipated film of this year has to be Invictus.

The CGI looks much better than before, not photorealistic, but very, very good. I'll still probably see it and most likely enjoy it.

My most anticipated for the rest of the year would have to be The Road and Invictus.

Eternalist wrote:The CGI looks much better than before, not photorealistic, but very, very good. I'll still probably see it and most likely enjoy it.

My most anticipated for the rest of the year would have to be The Road and Invictus.
Some of the CGI didn't look photo realistic, some did. When Jakes say's "Outstanding", it looks real, same with when Neytri is going to fire the bow and arrow.

Hellvean Videos wrote:
Eternalist wrote:The CGI looks much better than before, not photorealistic, but very, very good. I'll still probably see it and most likely enjoy it.

Some of the CGI didn't look photo realistic, some did. When Jakes say's "Outstanding", it looks real, same with when Neytri is going to fire the bow and arrow.
Surprisingly, the creatures (Na'vii - is that right?) looked the most photorealistic, especially the female (Neytri?). It was the ships, mech suits and backgrounds that needed a bit more work. I'm sure the kinks will be worked out by the time of release.

I already booked 5 tickets for Avatar on 19th December, I'm pretty excited. Mainly because of the IMAX 3D experience :D The movie itself, the story... I'm afraid it will be a bit cliché, but the visuals... I think it's worth it :D And I'm so glad we have an IMAX theater here. I hope it will be lot of fun.

apw
I'm going to see it in IMAX 3D at the start of Jan.

Couldn't get any earlier tickets. Sold out!

apw wrote:I'm going to see it in IMAX 3D at the start of Jan.

Couldn't get any earlier tickets. Sold out!
Wow :D Then I believe I was fast reserving those tickets :D