What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
solo2001 wrote:Up next, The Social Shitwork.
Which you'll probably rate a ten. :roll:

Mason01 wrote:
solo2001 wrote:Up next, The Social Shitwork.
I gave it an eight the last time I saw it. I assure you i'll give it a sober assessment. ;)

solo2001 wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
I gave it an eight the last time I saw it. I assure you i'll give it a sober assessment.
What did you rate Inception last time?

Oh, and tomorrow I'll be watching The Social Network for yet another judgement. ;)

Last time was in the mid to high sevens I think. This is the highest i've rated it yet (though I probably should have mentioned that I smoked a joint beforehand :lol: ).

solo2001 wrote:Last time was in the mid to high sevens I think. This is the highest i've rated it yet (though I probably should have mentioned that I smoked a joint beforehand :lol: ).
Wow. That's just... insanely low.

Moving on.

Mason01 wrote:
solo2001 wrote:Last time was in the mid to high sevens I think. This is the highest i've rated it yet (though I probably should have mentioned that I smoked a joint beforehand :lol: ).
It's his opinion... Fuck off.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
It's his opinion... Fuck off.
You fuck off.

"The Island"...

7,5/10.

I liked the sequences inside the complex...It reminded me Aldous Huxley's "Brave new world".
It's always a pleasure to see Steve Buscemi in a movie and Ewan Mc Gregor was good to. Scarlet Johansson is...well...let's say that her part in The Prestige was far more intellectual than her part in "The Island" :mrgreen:
The chase scene with the truck carrying train wheels was funny but the flying motorcycle was ridiculous.
Michael Bay is not a bad director, IMO, but there's always something wrong with his movies. I think it's because of him, of who he is, and how he approaches the cinema. He's talented sometimes but he will never be Ridley Scott, Tony Scott or Christopher Nolan.

Mason01 wrote: Wow. That's just... insanely low.

Moving on.
I think we just have different ways of rating films. A 7 to 8 for me is like a 9 to 10 for you, by my estimation.

How I rank: With [imo]examples[/imo] or synopsis.
10 - Immaculate (2001, etc.)
9 - Absolute love (Only ever gave this to American Beauty, but it needs a re-watch)
8 - Above and beyond normal films (Inception, The Shining, Planet of the Apes)
7 - Great! (Jaws, Clerks, old Dawn of the Dead)
6 - Good (This is where most films I see go. A standard movie)
5 - Forgettable (Don't remember)

Is yours any different? Or do we just not see eye-to-eye on Inception?

Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon
(The Diving Bell And The Butterlfy)

I once wrote a screenplay for a short film. Months later, I discovered that there was a French movie with the same kind of story. I liked this movie very much and fortunately, my storie is different enough to produce it.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.