What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
theweatherman wrote:The Lives of Others 9/10

Fantastic film, wonderfully directed and entirely fascinating. The suspense builds in such a subtle way, you don't quite realize how involved in the film you are until the end.
I really need to rent this again. I watched about half of it one night, got tired, wasn't particularly interested it in, and decided to just give up and go to bed. Sounds like a lot of people love it, though.

Fantastic film, wonderfully directed and entirely fascinating. The suspense builds in such a subtle way, you don't quite realize how involved in the film you are until the end.
:twothumbsup:

United 93 - 8.5/10

George wrote:

I really need to rent this again. I watched about half of it one night, got tired, wasn't particularly interested it in, and decided to just give up and go to bed. Sounds like a lot of people love it, though.
It gets better as the film goes on, the beginning is quite slow. I watched it on youtube if you didn't want to spend more money on it. The main reason I watched it is because I'm going through the IMDB top 250 movies that I haven't seen. Now I'm on to Das Boot.

Ulrich Muehe looked like Kevin Spacey so much that I can't believe it.

prince0gotham wrote:Ulrich Muehe looked like Kevin Spacey so much that I can't believe it.
That's what I was thinking through the whole movie.

theweatherman wrote:
George wrote:
It gets better as the film goes on, the beginning is quite slow. I watched it on youtube if you didn't want to spend more money on it. The main reason I watched it is because I'm going through the IMDB top 250 movies that I haven't seen. Now I'm on to Das Boot.
How many films from the top 250 have you seen? :)
Also, I can't wait to hear your thoughts about Das Boot, cause I'm planning to watch it soon, and your opinion would be great before watching it.

His performance was wonderful though I'm sure Spacey woudl've done as good too. I'm still very curious about it.

Alberto wrote:
theweatherman wrote:
How many films from the top 250 have you seen? :)
Also, I can't wait to hear your thoughts about Das Boot, cause I'm planning to watch it soon, and your opinion would be great before watching it.
I've seen 172 of them so I have a ways to go before I finish. I'm watching an english dubbed version of the director's cut, but the dubbing so far has been quite good compared to most I've seen.

Robin wrote:
lionsaulter wrote:The thing 9.2/10 my favorite horror movie after alien
goddamn f***ing amazing film that should get a lot more credit than it does. I think it has aged even better than alien.
i want to watch alien again because i don´t remember well i was 10 wen i watched it lol. But i is an amazing movie i think that it gets in my top 10 :D

Full Metal Jacket 9/10

Black Death 7.8/10

Bronson 8/10

Batman Under the Red Hood 8.3/10