What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:Forrest Gump -- 89/100

Wonderful story.
This movie is the definition of the typical american dream cliche type of story. It's an uberfest that begs for tears. Yet... is one of the best movies in the 90s... How that makes any sense... I don't know. I love this film even though it has lot of cheese in it. :lol:

jibran wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:
:clap:

Magneto had some pretty awesome scenes in the movie.
Assbender was probably the best thing about the film alongside McAvoy. Best-acted bromance.
I kind of wish they didn't end like they did and didn't accelerate the plot of it so quickly, because I would have loved to have to seen more of them travelling around together and stuff, being cool and all.
I loved that bromance. Those two had a lot of chemistry. No homo, I mean, those two genuinely liked each other and it came across on screen and in interviews.

I as it when I was in DC this summer. I was so depressed for a lot of reasons and I love how a fun summer popcorn flick can pull u out of a funk.

CaliKid329 wrote:
jibran wrote:
Assbender was probably the best thing about the film alongside McAvoy. Best-acted bromance.
I kind of wish they didn't end like they did and didn't accelerate the plot of it so quickly, because I would have loved to have to seen more of them travelling around together and stuff, being cool and all.

Did you just call him Assbender?

Obviously it was a mistake, even with the capitalised 'A' and all.
Do you... like pineapple?

lol, Assbender. Yup. Totally calling him that now.

Warrior- 8.8/10 " anything generic cannot speak to the heart. Its as simple as that." Talli :clap:

On a serious note people bitching about the camera work and calling the direction awful because of it is just silly. Gavin went with a gritty handheld look and it worked for the movie. I am not a a big fan of the style but I would hardly call the direction awful because of it. Yes the movie can seem far fetched at parts but ultimately the story feels so authentic because of the great characters and performances that bring humanity and authenticity to the story. If Jonah Hill gets nominated over Nolte. :facepalm: After this viewing I am convinced Nolte is the best in the film and at this moment he deserves the Oscar easily. I am a fan of Jonah Hill but I have literally no idea why people think his performance is award worthy.

One of the most depressing and nihilistic films I've ever seen but also one of the best. Two cops investigate a series of connected murders. Each murder is a response to the seven deadly sins committed by the deceased victims. Se7en is so much more than your average murder mystery thriller. The acting is brilliant, the cinematography outstanding. The city where the film is set in looks so depressing. And the ending is quite possibly the most downbeat ending I've ever seen.

10/10

Allstar wrote:After this viewing I am convinced Nolte is the best in the film and at this moment he deserves the Oscar easily.
Arguably true. But there's one problem. After I've seen a lot of interviews lately with Nolte... I realized that he actually did not acted as much as you might get the impression. He pulled a better Clooney. He played his own self in a harsh emotional state. He did that with ease considering his late problems.

RIFA wrote:I realized that he actually did not acted as much as you might get the impression. He pulled a better Clooney. He played his own self in a harsh emotional state.
The problem is people nowadays think that great or even good acting means than an actor has to completely transform or be unrecognizable in each role he/she plays, but that's a very flawed way of thinking.

Allstar wrote:
RIFA wrote:I realized that he actually did not acted as much as you might get the impression. He pulled a better Clooney. He played his own self in a harsh emotional state.
The problem is people nowadays think that great or even good acting means than an actor has to completely transform or be unrecognizable in each role he/she plays, but that's a very flawed way of thinking.
I don't think that. But I do believe that when it comes to winning an Oscar... you should do a little bit more... I'm not asking for a Ledger type of transformation. But I do ask for something... special. A little bit unseen in that actor.

RIFA wrote:I don't think that. But I do believe that when it comes to winning an Oscar... you should do a little bit more... I'm not asking for a Ledger type of transformation. But I do ask for something... special. A little bit unseen in that actor.
He did not play himself. He played a character that had similarities to himself.