What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cinematography is lighting and technical image composition, not just how pretty the images are on screen. It's why the cinematography in 127 Hours sucked, but still was beautiful because it filmed beautiful locations.

I just think the integrity of a film has more to do with how well it takes advantage of a medium rather than if specific elements overshadowed everything else for you. It's a whole, and I never stop viewing it as such.

-Vader

Gremlins 2: The New Batch

Fantastic bizare movie!
7/10!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Allstar wrote:
and it only has those actors because of a friendship to the screenwriter, not because they thought it was a great script or whatever.
Please take this comment back...

Vader182 wrote:I just think the integrity of a film has more to do with how well it takes advantage of a medium rather than if specific elements overshadowed everything else for you. It's a whole, and I never stop viewing it as such.
And this is why you won't see the beauty in the beast...

Contagion - 8.7/10

The Flowers of War - 8.6/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - 7.5/10

In Time - 8/10

Drive - 9.3/10

Titanic - 9.8/10

The Lion King - 10/10

Mason wrote:Just realised, we reached a thousand pages.

Damn.
Well it's more like 1700 pages.

Allstar wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Please take this comment back...
Vader stop ignoring my posts and just take it back your claim is 100% inaccurate and has zero merit.

Chill your shit, stop acting so juvenile. I wasn't 100% inaccurate, dude, I just mixed up which one was friends with the screenwriter, so what? My point about it still holds.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Chill your shit, stop acting so juvenile. I wasn't 100% inaccurate, dude, I just mixed up which one was friends with the screenwriter, so what? My point about it still holds.

-Vader
and it only has those actors because of a friendship to the screenwriter
One actor of the whole cast not "actors". Just so false. They got an oscar nominated actress and oscar winning actress that never knew the screen writer. Your point quoted above does not stand at all.... it is just a totally inaccurate. Seth is the only person you can make the point about. I guess he was every actor in the movie. :suicide: Your point above still holds only if you are delusional honestly.

-__- he's the one who pushed it into production, and when actors.. nevermind, it's not worth it. You're nitpicking one out of many points since apparently you know I'm right about the others and you've ran out of things to criticize my view on the movie about. You still haven't responded to what I said about Tinker.

-Vader