What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Drive
Presentation: Sony Digital 4K

This film had the worst audience reaction that I've experience. A couple walked out saying they thought they wasted their money, and a large group of friends were ragging on their friend for pushing them to see the movie.
:lol: That is funny. Did you think Gosling was genius?

allstarr55js wrote:
Drive
Presentation: Sony Digital 4K

This film had the worst audience reaction that I've experience. A couple walked out saying they thought they wasted their money, and a large group of friends were ragging on their friend for pushing them to see the movie.
:lol: That is funny. Did you think Gosling was genius?
Gosling was pretty damn impressive... even though his character had limited dialogue, I felt like I always knew what he was thinking. His emotions were subtle, but coupled with the music and composition, very telling about the character. His physicality was great as well.

Oh, 4 people walked out of the movie as well. :?

I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot since seeing the film, I love it. Probably my favorite of the year thus far.

I love it. Probably my favorite of the year thus far.
Same. 50/50 had a pretty great soundtrack as well... not nearly as good as this though.

Funny People

7.1/10
Why you lurking my page brah?

Ballast
6 out of 10
A beautifully shot film that proved to be too minor and uneventful in plot and characterization. There are some really great moments in the middle of the film (including scenes of actual tension and character), but the opening and closing thirds feel wandering and sparse. I'd actually still recommend it to anyone who's into 'slice of reality' independent films. On those terms it's worth the watch, but otherwise it just feels like a lot of visual splendor and solid, subtle performances somewhat wasted on a very thin screenplay.

The Blues Brothers - 8.5/10

Carnage: 8.25/10 I usually find dubbed actors blander and I need to watch them acting not dubbed to understand their skills: this time I didn't. All four were great and if there was one who was a bit better than the other she was Jodie Foster. Well scripted and well directed, I enjoyed it. Maybe it was too short, it last 1 hour and 20 minutes credits (which were done poorly) included. As a whole the movie is well done and sometimes even funny, I surely recommend it.

The Seventh Seal: I can't rate it, it was the first time I've seen it and I surely liked it quite a lot, but I think I need a second view to fully grasp it.

Super 8: 6.75/10 It was done quite well, but the story was rather poor and didn't impress me at all...

Revolutionary Road: 8.5/10 First time I've seen it, it left me the same feeling I had after watching American Beauty, I liked it but I felt like there was something I wasn't able to grasp and hence I need a second view.

RIFA wrote:Epic Mason and Epic allstarr = Epic feud. :lol:

9.0/10

Marvelous.
Epic Caviezel and Epic Malick = epic film with epic poster and epic Cusack.

Drive

8.8/10

great cinematography..i though Gosling could have used a bit more dialogue, but its one of the best movies of the year imo

Collateral

10/10
Yo homie...
Is that my briefcase? :twisted:
Why you lurking my page brah?