What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
talli wrote:Eyes Wide Shut 4/5

Stanley Kubrick is a master at seducing the audience. The movie's tone, performances, and dialogue are grip to the point where you almost want to lean into the TV because you're afraid you might miss a detail necessary to the puzzle. Love how every character matters to the plot. Everybody's stories are weaved. Really genius. Cruise gives a great nuanced performance, I was really impressed with his physicality. I only wished there was something more to the ending that had to do with that cult
I love this movie potentially my favorite Kubrick, its visual storytelling at its finest. It's funny I grew up in a conservative environment and was always told that this was a horribly immoral film when in reality the message is actually quite good.

theweatherman wrote:
talli wrote:Eyes Wide Shut 4/5

Stanley Kubrick is a master at seducing the audience. The movie's tone, performances, and dialogue are grip to the point where you almost want to lean into the TV because you're afraid you might miss a detail necessary to the puzzle. Love how every character matters to the plot. Everybody's stories are weaved. Really genius. Cruise gives a great nuanced performance, I was really impressed with his physicality. I only wished there was something more to the ending that had to do with that cult
I love this movie potentially my favorite Kubrick, its visual storytelling at its finest. It's funny I grew up in a conservative environment and was always told that this was a horribly immoral film when in reality the message is actually quite good.
If only my parents knew what I watched/owned downstairs. Look at Clockwork, that has a strong moral theme throughout despite its loads of graphic content.

Eyes Wide Shut blew me away when I saw it, I want to rewatch it soon.

-Vader

GREEN LANTERN

ok guys, I'm putting down my PERSONAL thoughts on the movie, if you don't like it your royal highness may just fuck off

NOW: I loved this movie!!!

I felt great throughout the whole screening, what was even more exciting is the cheerfullness of the audience in the theater, which is a rarity where I live
This is entertainment at its best, much better than Thor and 1000x times better than First Class
I thought Reynolds would wanna make me puke, but no, he was really ok as well as Lively
Directing was extremely well done by Mr. Campbell, I respect this guy even more now
CGI - very beautiful and organic

finally another great franchise from WB/DC has come :D

Dark Nolan wrote:GREEN LANTERN

ok guys, I'm putting down my PERSONAL thoughts on the movie, if you don't like it your royal highness may just fuck off

I felt great throughout the whole screening, what was even more exciting is the cheerfullness of the audience in the theater, which is a rarity where I live
This is entertainment at its best, much better than Thor and 1000x times better than First Class
I thought Reynolds would wanna make me puke, but no, he was really ok as well as Lively
Directing was extremely well done by Mr. Campbell, I respect this guy even more now

your the guy who hates Deer Hunter right?
Say Girl

Dark Nolan wrote:GREEN LANTERN

LOL

How old is this guy?

No need to thrash the guys opinion just cause rotten tomatoes says it sucks. :roll: :|

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:No need to thrash the guys opinion just cause rotten tomatoes says it sucks. :roll: :|
+1 not to mention rotten tomatoes can be a pretty flawed system.

Collateral - 8/10

My third favorite Mann film behind Heat and The Insider. Such a great vibe, but leans a little too much on generic thriller elements in its third act. Oh, and the club shootout is still incredible :D

Oh the movie before Michael Mann went off his rocker and started pledging allegiance to SONY's platform. Let's hope he can get back on track with his next film.