Favorite Cinematography?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:Image
Whoa

Is Emmanuel Lubezki a Top 10 DP of all time? His work with Cuaron, Malick and Inarritu alone speaks for itself.

Wouldn't say "favorite" (as I'm not intricately familiar with the subject) but really love the shit out of the cinematography in Amazon's The Man in the High Castle. Beautifully captures the alternate history setting, complementing impeccable Production Design.

Major props to DPs James Hawkinson (Hannibal), & Gonzalo Amat (Person of Interest).

idk looks pretty bleh to me as did all the vfx shots from the trailer. might be the budget it had, i'm not sure

ChrisTilford wrote:Wouldn't say "favorite" (as I'm not intricately familiar with the subject) but really love the shit out of the cinematography in Amazon's The Man in the High Castle. Beautifully captures the alternate history setting, complementing impeccable Production Design.

Major props to DPs James Hawkinson (Hannibal), & Gonzalo Amat (Person of Interest).

james hawkinson is a gawd

High Castle's cinematography is just as poor as it's VFX. A bland color palate further highlighted by constantly unremarkable compositional choices that scream THIS IS A TV SHOW from the top of it's lungs. On par with mid-tier network TV.

Some of my favorites

One of my all time favorite shots for some reason.

xWhereAmI? wrote: Image
I'd rather be dealing with the devil than trying to fall asleep. It is quite a good shot. That other famous shot from that movie is up there.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVKMNqN9p8

dafox wrote:
I'd rather be dealing with the devil than trying to fall asleep. It is quite a good shot. That other famous shot from that movie is up there.
I did a 30 minute presentation on The Exorcist for one of my film courses this semester. One of my all time favorite films. We re-created that scene in front of the class lol fog and everything

xWhereAmI? wrote:
dafox wrote:
I did a 30 minute presentation on The Exorcist for one of my film courses this semester. One of my all time favorite films. We re-created that scene in front of the class lol fog and everything
That's awesome, dude.