Pacific Rim (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The plot to this definitely sounds like it has great potential. I have never been found of Del Toros work in the past, even Pans Labyrinth, but I have a good feeling this will be the first of his work that will impress me. Very interesting cast, especially seeing Charlie Day lol.

jibran wrote:Idris Elba replaced Tom Cruise. Interesting.

Wiki says 200 million but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Thank goodness for the change. Probably saved them 10 million upfront and sizeable chunk on the back end. Elba looks tough as hell in the photo btw. If theres ever a Mass Effect movie...

SilverHeart wrote:Synopsis for Comicon presentation:
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes -- a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) -- who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse. Pacific Rim also stars Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, and Charlie Day.
This will be special.

I love how the description does not just seem to be a kaiju film with robots in it, it's a robot/giant monster WAR.

SilverHeart wrote:Synopsis for Comicon presentation:
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes -- a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) -- who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse. Pacific Rim also stars Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, and Charlie Day.
Sounds pretty good. Put this after Elysium, Man of Steel, and Gravity for damn good Sci Fi movies next year.

Seems to have a pretty solid cast. I'm curious and excited to see how Charlie Day fits into this :lol:

Addicted2Movies wrote:Seems to have a pretty solid cast. I'm curious and excited to see how Charlie Day fits into this :lol:
He will probably be the guy with the annoying as fuck voice.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:Seems to have a pretty solid cast. I'm curious and excited to see how Charlie Day fits into this :lol:
He will probably be the guy with the annoying as fuck voice.
He plays a "quirky scientist".

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/07/ ... -an-idiot/

"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Some really cool outfits there. Reminiscent of Mass Effect, but in a good way.