Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
madcowre wrote:Who's the hottie in the first still? :shock:
Walton Goggins as Billy Crash

Extended 'Django Unchained' Trailer Set for Tuscany's Lucca Movie Event

ROME – Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained may not be headed to the International Rome Film Festival as once seemed likely, but Italians will still be among the first to catch a glimpse of the film when the Lucca Movie event screens the first extended trailer of Tarantino’s tribute to the Spaghetti Western genre on Friday.

Django Unchained had been linked with the seven-year-old Rome event for months, but production delays made it impossible for the film to be ready for the Nov. 9-17 festival. The highly anticipated production is still expected to have some connection to the Rome festival, though Rome artistic director Marco Mueller has been steadfastly vague about how that will happen.

Speculation among Italian industry insiders is that the film will likely still premiere in Rome - albeit after the festival - and that Franco Nero, who played protagonist Django in Sergio Cobucci’s 1966 classic Django and who has a small part in Tarantino’s film, could be on hand during the festival to make the announcement about the premiere. Jamie Foxx plays Django in the new version of the film.

But for those who can’t wait, Friday’s eight-minute extended trailer at the Lucca event is the first chance to have a longer look at the film beyond the various 150-second trailers screening in cinemas in recent days.

Two-year-old Lucca Movie, which takes place in the picturesque Tuscan town of Lucca, is part of the Lucca Comes & Games event, which casts itself as the European version of San Diego’s Comic-Con. Lucca Movie officially gets underway Thursday and runs until Nov. 4, though some out-of-festival screenings started last week.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... any-384332

"I think we've found new sides to Leo. He gives a very different performance than he's ever given before. I have a tremendous amount of respect for his talent. He's very, very talented and has some amazing moments. I like people who are serious about their work. I would love to work with him again."

Tarantino talks about Leo

Total Film Magazine (December 2012 issue)

eromero wrote:
"I think we've found new sides to Leo. He gives a very different performance than he's ever given before. I have a tremendous amount of respect for his talent. He's very, very talented and has some amazing moments. I like people who are serious about their work. I would love to work with him again."

:clap: :clap: :modesty: :twothumbsup: :ugeek:

eromero wrote:

:lol: at the people who thought he wouldn't be able to "hold his own".

Leo is the reason alot of people will see the movie. Anyone who thought he wouldn't be able to hold is own are kinda retarded.
Say Girl

Allstar wrote:
eromero wrote:

:clap: :clap: :modesty: :twothumbsup: :ugeek:
This is so awesome, QT always get's great performances out of his actors. :clap:

I saw two tweets mention and read on IMDB that there is a special Django Unchained preview that you can see before the "The Man in the Iron Fists". I wonder if this is just the new trailer that was released like two weeks ago or if this is actually some new footage?
Chief Kreep ‏@ItsElmosWorld
Iron Fists has a special Django preview!! Tarantino is da man

Adam Graham ‏@grahamorama
@johnserba If u see Man w/ Iron Fists, be warned there's a Django somethingoranother attached

Matt Gaines ‏@MattyTheKid856
An exclusive sneak peak from Quentin Tarentino about Django Unchained before The Man with the Iron Fists?!?! YUP, i've gotta go see it meow.
From IMDB:
I was listening to the TV while doing some work and I heard a commercial for "The Man with the Iron Fist" say something about a special Django Unchained preview with Quentin that you can watch when you go see "The Man with the Iron Fist". Does anyone else know about this?

http://heyuguys.co.uk/filmmakers-django ... tarantino/
Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained will be unleashed in Us theatres on Christmas Day, and naturally there’s a huge level of anticipation for his return to the big screen.

In tandem with the film’s release, Tarantino is partnering up with Sony Pictures and Sony Electronics for the Django Unchained Movie Contest, offering aspiring filmmakers around the world an opportunity to have their work reviewed by the Oscar-winning writer-director, himself.

Naturally, there’s a set of Official Rules on the contest’s official website – www.djangomoviecontest.co.uk – with the full details, but to sum up:

Participants need to submit a video (max. of one per person) that illustrates their best work as a filmmaker. The video should be no longer than five minutes in length, and can be either self-contained, or feature a collection of their work (i.e. montage-style).

The deadline for entrants is 11:59 p.m
Have you submitted yours?