Shame (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:Okay, let's just do away with that smiley completely. Why? Because people are going to ask you why you posted that (usually), then you'll need to tell them. Sigh.

So why did I get the smiley?

-Vader
Because a 6.1 rating on IMDB has nothing to do with the level of Cillian's performance. :roll:

It can. The rating implies the film's overall quality, so while it's of course possible to have an amazing performance in it, it's unlikely.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:It can. The rating implies the film's overall quality, so while it's of course possible to have an amazing performance in it, it's unlikely.

-Vader
:facepalm:
Last edited by Allstar on October 8th, 2011, 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

allstarr55js wrote:
Vader182 wrote:It can. The rating implies the film's overall quality, so while it's of course possible to have an amazing performance in it, it's unlikely.

-Vader
:facepalm:
...Right. Regardless, a ton of great actors really need to pick better roles.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
allstarr55js wrote: :facepalm:

-Vader
Cillian's role in Peacock was the best role he has ever taken. Stop making assumptions because I am sure you have not seen the film.

allstarr55js wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Cillian's role in Peacock was the best role he has ever taken. Stop making assumptions because I am sure you have not seen the film.
Dude, regardless of how good or bad he is, it's a random movie with no marketing or buzz around it, two reviews on RT, and a crazy low rating on RT. I mean bigger, better roles in films with a great creative team that'll be remembered and loved.

I just mean there are loads of actors out there I love very much who seem to not be particularly concerned with having a 'good' career.

-Vader

Ok so... back to Shame and Fassbender.

Vader182 wrote: Dude, regardless of how good or bad he is, it's a random movie with no marketing or buzz around it, two reviews on RT, and a crazy low rating on RT. I mean bigger, better roles in films with a great creative team that'll be remembered and loved.

I just mean there are loads of actors out there I love very much who seem to not be particularly concerned with having a 'good' career.

-Vader
WOW... Cillian has been in loads of great and remembered films... for me anyway. You do not make any sense sometimes.

allstarr55js wrote:
Vader182 wrote: Dude, regardless of how good or bad he is, it's a random movie with no marketing or buzz around it, two reviews on RT, and a crazy low rating on RT. I mean bigger, better roles in films with a great creative team that'll be remembered and loved.

-Vader
WOW... Cillian has been in loads of great and remembered films... for me anyway. You do not make any sense sometimes.
You can't have 'great and remembered' films 'for you' that doesn't make sense. He's lovely in BB/Inception/28 Days Later/Sunshine but outside of those he hasn't seemed to make too many great decisions. I guess we'll see with In Time. I just think of actors of his caliber, and think I'll see a string of amazing performances in great movies, and that's not what I see with him.

-Vader

IMHO, I don't think Cillian Murphy has had a bad performance yet. He's pure gold in every frakking movie - and that's insane. :clap: