The Judd Apatow Appreciation Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
OK - he's kind of tacky, he kind of took the hard work that Kevin Smith had done and turned it into something commercial, but the dude has his finger on the pulse of the zeitgeist (oops, sorry, RiFA - didn't mean to offend your religious beliefs, LOL :o OG :lol: WTF :D etc.).

Judd Apatow is the guy that gave us The Cable Guy, Anchorman, The 40-y/o Virgin, Talladega Nights, Knocked Up, Superbad, Walk Hard (++) Drillbit Taylor, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, Year One, Get Him To The Greek... lots of my favourite comedies.

I think he needs some love on this perpendicular forum. Give it -

yeah.

Ben stiller directed cable guy. Apatow just produced it. & alot of the other movie you just mentioned. I think he has only directed 3 movies. His best movie, IMO, is probably 40 year old virgin.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

IMO Todd Phillips is much better.

oh yeah, and Judd Apatow is a hack :shifty:

thenextnolan wrote:Apatow just produced it.
Just?

IMO Todd Phillips is much better.
I kinda have to agree with you on that.
Just?
My bad. He also wrote it.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

I just rented Funny People a couple hours ago. Coincidence? :o

solo2001 wrote:I just rented Funny People a couple hours ago. Coincidence? :o
For me, funny people was a movie that had a great comedic cast but was really not that funny. & IT WAS ALMOST 2 & A HALF HOURS LONG! :wtf:

Funny People is just an awkward film to me - it doesn't know what it wants to be

Not my favorite director, he's alright but I wouldn't go out of my way to see his movies.

thenextnolan wrote:
solo2001 wrote:I just rented Funny People a couple hours ago. Coincidence? :o
For me, funny people was a movie that had a great comedic cast but was really not that funny. & IT WAS ALMOST 2 & A HALF HOURS LONG! :wtf:
Dark Nolan wrote:Funny People is just an awkward film to me - it doesn't know what it wants to be
The thing with Funny People is that it was a drama about comedians advertised as a Comedy (you can obviously see why they did it, but he was going for something different than his first two movies).

The funniest thing is that people left the theater going That wasn't funny! and i'm like Yeah, drama's usually aren't. :D
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on February 19th, 2011, 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.