The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:Leo and Marty fifth collaborating.. love this partnership.
Unfortunately, I only really thought The Departed and Shutter Island were truly fantastic films out of the ones in their partnership. The Aviator, while fantastic in a multitude of ways, dragged and I wasn't too invested in the events on screen. Gangs of New York also is a bit too textbook for me as well.

Also, it's pretty amazing to think about.. Dicaprio's worked with nearly every top director in the buisness. Not all of the films came out amazing, but hey.

James Cameron
Steve Spielberg
Christopher Nolan ( :clap: )
Riddley Scott
Martin Scorsese
Clint Eastwood
I probably missed one or two.

All he needs is to collab with Tarantino and that kinda covers the top working directors. Damn impressive.

Also, it's pretty amazing to think about.. Dicaprio's worked with nearly every top director in the buisness. Not all of the films came out amazing, but hey.

James Cameron
Steve Spielberg
Christopher Nolan ( )
Riddley Scott
Martin Scorsese
Clint Eastwood

All he needs is to collab with Tarantino and that kinda covers the top working directors. Damn impressive.
Add in Sam Mendes, Danny Boyle, and Edward Zwick (I Loved Blood Diamond).. I would love for him to work with Tarantino as well.. as for other top Directors Fincher and Paul Thomas Anderson come to mind.

Anyway Update on this- According to a few reports now Scorsese will actually being doing a passion project called Silence.
The plot tells the story of two Jesuit priests who move to Japan to spread the word of Christianity and are met with violence and abuse.
The two priests connected to the roles are Benico Del Toro and Daniel-Day Lewis. He will still be doing The Wolf of Wall Street as well though.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Silence- ... 23214.html

Vader182 wrote:Also, it's pretty amazing to think about.. Dicaprio's worked with nearly every top director in the buisness. Not all of the films came out amazing, but hey.

James Cameron
Steve Spielberg
Christopher Nolan ( :clap: )
Riddley Scott
Martin Scorsese
Clint Eastwood

Eh not really Fincher, Coen Bros, Tarantino, PTA, Mann, Aronofsky, Greengrass, Affleck, Phillips, Reitman. Once he works with all those directors then i would say hes worked with most of the top directors in the business. Don't get me wrong hes worked with the most compared to any other actor but he still needs quite a few to complete the list imo.
Last edited by IWatchFilmsNotMovies on February 17th, 2011, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, he's worked with a lot of talented filmmakers, but to say "nearly every" is an overstatement.

Crazy Eight wrote:Yeah, he's worked with a lot of talented filmmakers, but to say "nearly every" is an overstatement.
Well, yeah, it's a bit of one. I suppose part of that is I don't consider the coens, Greengrass, Mann, Aronofsky and Reitman to be in the same league as the others mentioned. The Coens maybe, but I just don't like them >_>. Fincher certainly though.

Crazy Eight wrote:Yeah, he's worked with a lot of talented filmmakers, but to say "nearly every" is an overstatement.
Well no other actor compares so it is pretty impressive.
Greengrass, Affleck, Phillips,
Not top directors, not even close.

allstarr55js wrote:Well no other actor compares so it is pretty impressive.
I think Damon is close Coens, Eastwood, Scorsese, Greengrass, Soderbergh, Coppola, Speilberg, Zwick and Van Sant. Its not quite Dicaprio but thats pretty impressive.

allstarr55js wrote:Not top directors, not even close.
Well i consider Affleck a top director considering i think The Town and Gone Baby Gone are both fantastic. As for Greengrass i think United 93 is brilliant and i love the Bourne's. Also Phillips is the best comedy director in the business IMO.

man I wanted Scorsese to tackle the De Niro-Pesci-Pacino-Keitel project

Well no other actor compares so it is pretty impressive.
Tom Cruise

-Francis Ford Coppola (The Outsiders)
-Ridley Scott (Legend)
-Martin Scorsese (The Color of money)
-Oliver Stone (Born on forth of July)
-Ron Howard (Far and Far Away)
-Stanley Kubrick (Eyes Wide Shut)
-Paul Thomas Anderson (Magnolia)
-Steven Spielberg (Minority Report, War of the Worlds)
-Edward Zwick (The Last Samurai)
-Michael Mann (Collateral)
-J.J. Abrams (Mission Impossible III)

These are the ones that I can recall.

thrice wrote:man I wanted Scorsese to tackle the De Niro-Pesci-Pacino-Keitel project
+1 :twothumbsup: