Radiohead record out this Saturday!!!!! The King of Limbs

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:I say only because obviously
8 tracks is quite a bit less than the average album, regardless of how good they are. I short album is a short album.
A) I'd say the average album is 10-12 tracks (if anyone wants to find stats then please do) so I don't see how 8 tracks is even newsworthy.

B) You're not factoring in the length of the songs. There's a billion bands out there making 10-15 minute songs. (Albeit most of them are alternative bands, but we're not just talking about pop music here.)

I'll just leave this here.

Come on Chee, That's croissant the line.

solo2001 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I say only because obviously
8 tracks is quite a bit less than the average album, regardless of how good they are. I short album is a short album.
A) I'd say the average album is 10-12 tracks (if anyone wants to find stats then please do) so I don't see how 8 tracks is even newsworthy.

B) You're not factoring in the length of the songs. There's a billion bands out there making 10-15 minute songs. (Albeit most of them are alternative bands, but we're not just talking about pop music here.)
I'm not even saying it's a bad thing.
But 8 tracks is a couple fewer than the average album, regardless. So, the 'only' should be included. I do expect the length of the record to mirror their others regardless the number of tracks, though. We're arguing about semantics here lol

Woah, Vader, you like Nolan otherwise you wouldn't be here, I guess from your username you like Star Wars, and now Radiohead, too? Are we twins or what? :lol:

I can't wait to listen to the new songs, Radiohead is one of the very few bands that keep changing and improving with every album. And since they were already good when they started, that's saying a lot. :P

So Radiohead just posted a tweet in Japanese. It roughly translates "Shibuya Hachiko open space Friday 18:59". Apparently this is a location in Toyko, Japan and they're most likely doing a show at 6:59 Friday night. Doesn't really apply to most of us, but if there's any NolanFans from Japan, go to the show and bring a camera! :D

Lynn wrote:Woah, Vader, you like Nolan otherwise you wouldn't be here, I guess from your username you like Star Wars, and now Radiohead, too? Are we twins or what? :lol:

I can't wait to listen to the new songs, Radiohead is one of the very few bands that keep changing and improving with every album. And since they were already good when they started, that's saying a lot. :P

I just like to think me and the greatest cinematic visionary share various attributes... :D

Yeah, I saw that. I'm kind of loosing it. Today a couple kids in my classes I typically talk to (I'm something of a talker/people person) even noticed I was a bit jittery. It's a damn good thing Nolan's films don't usually come out throughout the semester people would think I was fucking insane The night prior to seeing Inception I was practically shaking in anticipation. I couldn't sit still.

Radiohead.com/deadairspace

Lotus flower is up

Downloading the album now. Can't wait to hear it!

Just finished listening to the album. All I can say right now is wow. Like all of Radiohead's albums, it has a couple immediate songs that just knock you off your feet (Lotus Flower, Codex, Separator) then a few that blow your mind and require some time to fully appreciate (Feral, Bloom, LittleByLitte ). When LittleByLittle started, I was like, "Woah, I've never heard Radiohead like this before!" Which is what I love about them; the consistently reinvent themselves with every album. So far Lotus Flower and Codex are my favourites, but I'm sure it'll change once I've listened to the album all week long haha.