Akira (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Hell no. We Americans have no clue how to adapt Japanese stuff. The only good manga adapatation we've done is Edge of Tomorrow and even then we fucked up the marketing after changing the name three times. I mean we fucked up Last Airbender and that wasn't even actually anime.

See also Dragonball Evolution.

Jeff Sneider reporting that WB want Justin Lin to direct

antovolk wrote:Jeff Sneider reporting that WB want Justin Lin to direct
in

we've had this thread for six god damn years and it's been nothing but speculation and rumors for a project most are fundamentally opposed to

i mean people often talk of remakes being pointless but with akira the graphic novel's author literally directed the original film, in what possible way could a new movie be truer to the source material?

someone lock this thread

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Image

we've had this thread for six god damn years and it's been nothing but speculation and rumors for a project most are fundamentally opposed to

i mean people often talk of remakes being pointless but with akira the graphic novel's author literally directed the original film, in what possible way could a remake be truer to the source material?

someone lock this thread
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i'm not sure how you figured i was talking about money.

i'm saying if we know that the film is innately incapable of being insightful or an improvment upon the original, why should WE spend our time and energy discussing it or reading about it?

we are at no point ever obligated to make a thread about a film.