Akira (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:this is shaping up nicely
Just because Gary is in it?

garrett hedlund....ezra miller...possibly helena bonham carter....i dont mind looking at stewart

and that whole futuristic anime world is fascinating to me...add some sick looking motorcycles

mchekhov wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Just because Gary is in it?

garrett hedlund....ezra miller...possibly helena bonham carter....i dont mind looking at stewart

and that whole futuristic anime world is fascinating to me...add some sick looking motorcycles
The plot sounds terrific and Oldman.. Hedlund seems to have potential, Stewart can be decent.. but I am not sure they have the right director for this project.

This film has absolutely no reason to be made.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:This film has absolutely no reason to be made.

-Vader
I completely disagree.

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:This film has absolutely no reason to be made.

-Vader
I completely disagree.
The film's about the cultural and societal fallout Japan suffered after Hiroshima. It has next to no relevance to the U.S. audiences in a broad way, and moving the film to New York spits in the face of the entire freaking point of the movie. It's in very bad taste.

Moreover, considering where the film goes, unless massive strides of the narrative change drastically, it simply won't translate to live action well. I'm talking primarily about the third act. Not to mention fr the action to be done anything close to correctly, it'd need a budget well over a hundred million dollars.

It's just going to piss on the legacy of the original masterpiece.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:The film's about the cultural and societal fallout Japan suffered after Hiroshima. It has next to no relevance to the U.S. audiences in a broad way, and moving the film to New York spits in the face of the entire freaking point of the movie. It's in very bad taste.

Moreover, considering where the film goes, unless massive strides of the narrative change drastically, it simply won't translate to live action well. I'm talking primarily about the third act. Not to mention fr the action to be done anything close to correctly, it'd need a budget well over a hundred million dollars.

It's just going to piss on the legacy of the original masterpiece.

-Vader
Gary Oldman would disagree.

Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
I completely disagree.
The film's about the cultural and societal fallout Japan suffered after Hiroshima.

you mean that's what the Anime is about. This film will be about something that is relevant to our country and our society.

Can't wait to see what Gary does with this role.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Can't wait to see what Gary does with this role.
Probably something fascinating.

steveportee wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Can't wait to see what Gary does with this role.
Probably something fascinating.
Well that's kind of obvious.