Akira (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Akira is revving back up, with Warner Bros negotiating with Taika Waititi, the New Zealand-born director and actor who helmed Thor: Ragnarok. Pic is a live action version of anime artist Katsuhiro Otomo’s 6-volume graphic novel. The story takes place in the rebuilt New Manhattan where a leader of a biker gang saves his friend from a medical experiment. Mad Chance’s Lazar is producing with Appian Way’s Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson. The picture has been a big priority since Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures acquired it for 7-figures from manga publisher Kodansha. The intention has always been to make 2 films, each covering 3 books in the series. Akira was first adapted for the screen in 1988.
http://deadline.com/2017/09/akira-taika ... 202173164/

So now it's Waititi's turn to fail to make this movie happen? Sounds cool.

amazing news

SilverHeart wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 7:52 pm
lol sad but true

josephcq wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 3:46 pm
SilverHeart wrote:
lol sad but true
Is this Nomis?£

SilverHeart wrote:
I kinda hope this movie never happens and in the future we look back at all the talent that has been attached to this over the years

xWhereAmI? wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 10:54 pm
SilverHeart wrote:
I kinda hope this movie never happens and in the future we look back at all the talent that has been attached to this over the years
We’re already looking back at the talent that’s been attached to this thread, seems enough. 🕷️

m4st4 wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 11:03 pm
xWhereAmI? wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 10:54 pm
SilverHeart wrote:
We’re already looking back at the talent that’s been attached to this thread, seems enough. 🕷️
No. I need more

This looks like it's moving forward:
The name Leonardo DiCaprio seems to be a little bit golden when it comes to the Golden State and tax incentives for film and television. DiCaprio’s Appian Way shingle has been allocated $18.5 million for a live action version of Akira from Warner Bros.

Having seen his name floated around in the past in connection to the project, Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi is still on-board to helm Akira, I hear.
https://deadline.com/2019/04/leonardo-d ... ssion=true