Doctor Who (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Are there any Doctor Who fans here? I just started watching Doctor Who a few months ago. I've never seen the Classic Who episodes, started with Eccleston and now watching Series 3 with Tennant. So far I really like it. It can be quite cheesy at times but the dialogue and humour of the show is what I like most about it.

I saw the first episode, it was alright. It didn't make me wanna watch the rest though. :(

I watched a few episodes from the third series with David Tennant, it was enjoyable but I lost interest. The newer series is rubbish though.

Doctor Who? :wtf:

RIFA wrote:Doctor Who? :wtf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

chee wrote:I saw the first episode, it was alright. It didn't make me wanna watch the rest though. :(
Which season? because season 2 and onward is better (in my opinion)

Ema Skye wrote:
chee wrote:I saw the first episode, it was alright. It didn't make me wanna watch the rest though. :(
Which season? because season 2 and onward is better (in my opinion)
Season 1.

Should I just skip that season then?

i have seen all the classic series and the telemovie and just starting on the revival
My Uncle loved sci-fi so i get to watch all his old boxsets mostly on video :P

I love sci-fi and one of my favourite tropes is time travel. Doctor Who isn't as good as BSG and the pilot episode is a bit bland but it definitely gets better.
Should I just skip that season then?
I feel that if you are trying to get into Doctor Who and you are using these newer episodes as your guide, you have to watch the 2nd episode in addition to the pilot. The 2nd episode is much more exciting and intriguing than the pilot.

I'll check out the second episode then. :D