Doctor Who (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
9 is outstanding and 10 is arguably better. Once you see them, you'll appreciate Capaldi a lot more. He truly shines in the role.

Between the two seasons there's only one stinker of an episode, in my opinion. The rest ranges from quality Who, to televised perfection.

Wow, that's nice to hear. Thanks, man! :thumbup:

I thought S10 was a bit of a step back quality wise from S9. Don't get me wrong, S9 wasn't perfect but it seemed like they found the essence of who Capaldi's Doctor was, and I think it really showed. The opening two parter was great, and it had a decent (if fairly forgettable) follow-up in Under The Lake/Before The Flood. There was a fantastic closer in The Zygon Inversion, and the last three episodes are all favourites of mine (yes, even Hell Bent). Now, I recognise that's a fairly subjective take on things, and I know a lot of people really enjoyed S10. I just thought it was mostly forgettable, with only the closing two-parter being actually memorable.

But hey, at least watch through Series 9. I don't think you'll regret it.

GeneMod wrote:I thought S10 was a bit of a step back quality wise from S9. Don't get me wrong, S9 wasn't perfect but it seemed like they found the essence of who Capaldi's Doctor was, and I think it really showed. The opening two parter was great, and it had a decent (if fairly forgettable) follow-up in Under The Lake/Before The Flood. There was a fantastic closer in The Zygon Inversion, and the last three episodes are all favourites of mine (yes, even Hell Bent). Now, I recognise that's a fairly subjective take on things, and I know a lot of people really enjoyed S10. I just thought it was mostly forgettable, with only the closing two-parter being actually memorable.

But hey, at least watch through Series 9. I don't think you'll regret it.
Wow, that's almost how i feel about S9 and S10 as well.

Reportedly 13's first companion will be
Bradley Walsh, which is definitely a change considering he's nearing 60.

Meet the 13th Doctor's new friends! Yasmin (Mandip Gill), Ryan (Tosin Cole), and Graham (Bradley Walsh).

First look at the new costume:

Not a fan of those yellow braces.

I have decided that, whenever the sexist, chauvinistic man-children online whine about women being protagonists in these previously man-centric franchises, I will just ignore them and let the finished product speak for itself. Who cares about the gender of a fictional character? Who cares about their ethnicity or their sexual orientation? Just. Tell. A. Good. Story.