Oz: The Great and Powerful (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 42709
Joined: May 2010
talli wrote:danny elfman is scoring :thumbup:
EPIC!

User avatar
Posts: 42709
Joined: May 2010
Filming has begun. Plot synopsis-
“Oz The Great and Powerful” imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum’s beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well."

User avatar
Posts: 20369
Joined: June 2010
Franco is either going to be genius in this or be utterly atrocious.

Posts: 499
Joined: December 2010
Location: Limbo
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Franco is either going to be genius in this or be utterly atrocious.
I've seen Franco do anything "genius". He'll probably screw it up like he did with the Oscars :roll:

User avatar
Posts: 3503
Joined: May 2010
MW715 wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Franco is either going to be genius in this or be utterly atrocious.
I've seen Franco do anything "genius". He'll probably screw it up like he did with the Oscars :roll:
+1

speak the truth man.

Posts: 15900
Joined: June 2009
allstarr55js wrote:Filming has begun. Plot synopsis-
“Oz The Great and Powerful” imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum’s beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well."

sounds cool. I'm interested what this world will look like in terms of tone and how serious it takes itself

Posts: 499
Joined: December 2010
Location: Limbo
There are somthings you just don't make a sequel to. Wizard of Oz in one of them. I feel sorry for the original, classic, stupendous Wizard of Oz that now will have to haul around this deadweight for the rest of eternity. :x

Posts: 15900
Joined: June 2009
MW715 wrote:There are somthings you just don't make a sequel to. Wizard of Oz in one of them. I feel sorry for the original, classic, stupendous Wizard of Oz that now will have to haul around this deadweight for the rest of eternity. :x


but this is a prequel...

Posts: 499
Joined: December 2010
Location: Limbo
talli wrote:
MW715 wrote:There are somthings you just don't make a sequel to. Wizard of Oz in one of them. I feel sorry for the original, classic, stupendous Wizard of Oz that now will have to haul around this deadweight for the rest of eternity. :x


but this is a prequel...
:roll: They're adding another film, be it before or after the original doesn't legitimize the thing. My coment still stands. Something original out of hollywood, please!!!

Posts: 15900
Joined: June 2009
MW715 wrote:
talli wrote:


but this is a prequel...
:roll: They're adding another film, be it before or after the original doesn't legitimize the thing. My coment still stands. Something original out of hollywood, please!!!

this is original...this story hasnt been told on film yet

Post Reply