Your Favorite Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sure he can count them as one film if he wants to. Unless you're the OP, you don't get to make the rules for the thread.

Top 10

1. Inception (2010)
2. Memento (2000)
3. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
4. Se7en (1995)
5. The Dark Knight (2008)
6. The Usual Suspects (1995)
7. The Shawshank Redemption (1995)
8. The Godfather (1972)
9. Blade Runner (1982)
10. The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)

1 - Jurassic Park - I've probably seen this movie more times than any other film and it fueled my fascination with dinosaurs that lasts to this day. Ridiculously entertaining with some strong themes to match.
2 - Lawrence of Arabia - The epic to end all epics. Lean crafts a goregous and involving personal story of conflicted loyalties on a massive scale without shortchanging either.
3 - Heat - Mann's opus explores the dualities of two men on opposite sides of the law. Pacino and De Niro give some of their best performances in the first time they meet face to face on-screen.
4 - Taxi Driver - Scorsese's most socially-conscious film and the ultimate cinematic statement on social isolation, urban paranoia and post-Vietnam disillusionment.
5 - 2001: A Space Odyssey - Kubrick's vision of mankind's place in the universe is unmatched to this day and his film showcases that most directors after him have done little to surpass his cinematic prowess.

Other favorites: M, JFK, Amadeus, Hot Fuzz, Rope, The French Connection, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Godfather Part 2, Rosemary's Baby, The Thing, Rio Bravo, In the Heat of the Night and many, many more.

MrG
RomanM wrote:I'm sorry but you can't count three films as one that is absolutely ridiculous.
The Lord of the Rings is ONE LONG movie just split up into three parts. If you watched all three back to back it'd be like watching one movie. Peter Jackson even said himself he considers it one long film.

In no particular order:

District 9
Memento
V for Vendetta
Children of Men
Prince of Egypt

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Blade Runner
4. Se7en
5. Fight Club

MrG wrote:
RomanM wrote:I'm sorry but you can't count three films as one that is absolutely ridiculous.
The Lord of the Rings is ONE LONG movie just split up into three parts. If you watched all three back to back it'd be like watching one movie. Peter Jackson even said himself he considers it one long film.
No... they're three films telling one story. Sorry not one film.

Eternalist wrote:1 - Jurassic Park - I've probably seen this movie more times than any other film and it fueled my fascination with dinosaurs that lasts to this day. Ridiculously entertaining with some strong themes to match.
2 - Lawrence of Arabia - The epic to end all epics. Lean crafts a goregous and involving personal story of conflicted loyalties on a massive scale without shortchanging either.
3 - Heat - Mann's opus explores the dualities of two men on opposite sides of the law. Pacino and De Niro give some of their best performances in the first time they meet face to face on-screen.
4 - Taxi Driver - Scorsese's most socially-conscious film and the ultimate cinematic statement on social isolation, urban paranoia and post-Vietnam disillusionment.
5 - 2001: A Space Odyssey - Kubrick's vision of mankind's place in the universe is unmatched to this day and his film showcases that most directors after him have done little to surpass his cinematic prowess.

Other favorites: M, JFK, Amadeus, Hot Fuzz, Rope, The French Connection, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Godfather Part 2, Rosemary's Baby, The Thing, Rio Bravo, In the Heat of the Night and many, many more.

This list... is awesome.

No... they're three films telling one story. Sorry not one film.
Why does it bother you that he did that? It would seem silly if he ranked all three as his 1 2 and 3 top favorite movies. Plus it's his list so he can do whatever he wants with it.

;) It's cheating that's why! It seems just as silly to put three damn films as one too what's your point here? I also love the pointing out the obvious bit at the end. No shit it's his list, doesn't mean I can't grief him for cheating.