Your Favorite Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
No particular order...

Se7en
Pulp Fiction
The Dark Knight
There Will Be Blood
LA Confidential

children of men
heat
prestige
inception
dark knigh
Why you lurking my page brah?

1.Memento
2.Inception
3.Fight Club
4.Pulp Fiction
5.The Prestige

1. E.T.- The Extra-Terrestrial: Definitely the most personal film to me. It's the most touching story I've ever seen an never fails to uplift me. Spielberg's ultimate masterpiece, in my opinion. If I had twenty four hours to live, this would be the last movie I'd ever watch.

2. Titanic: Another one that's pretty personal, I was about seven or eight when this came out. The special effects were magnificent (and most of them still hold up today) and the romance was a classic Hollywood love story that was easy to engage with. The audience I saw it with all became one in the theater that night, and all five hundred people in there had a singular motion picture experience unlike anything I've ever had before or since. It was just incredible.

3. Signs: I know I'm going to get a tremendous amount of shit for this, especially since everyone hates basically anyone who had anything to do with this movie, but once upon a time, M. Night Shyamalan was still capable of letting his ego go and creating movie magic. The atmosphere that this film weaved through me left a great impression on me and for the first time in my life (I was 13 or so when it came out) I was able to see how the LACK of music can create suspense. Also, this pre-Crazy Mel film really showcased the actors humanity. I have minor quibbles with the ending (it's all a little obvious in its use of symbolism) but for a damn good time watching a fun alien invasion flick with a really charming family, pop this one in.

4. The Exorcist: This one has terrified me for years, and I've never quite been able to get over it. A lot gets said about this revolutionary horror film, and one of the biggest things people say about it is how "negative" it is, which I've never understood. Yes, I understand it's an incredibly DARK film about, you know, Satan and all of that, but beneath that is a very touching and moving story about characters dealing with crises of faith, and how none of that matters as long as the life of a little girl gets saved. And the craziest thing about it is, I don't even actually believe in any of the religious implications the film makes at all. But it's still that powerful.

5. The Wizard of Oz: Another personal one. No matter how old I get, I can always pop this one in and have a great time watching it. It's pure cinema magic. The musical numbers, the acting, the set pieces, all of it just adds up to a great movie experience that always warms the heart up.

waveking wrote:Btw I just checked out the site in your sig and its loaded with awesomely hilarious scripts. Fantastic!! Are you someone involved with that site or just a fan?
I'm not involved, but I've had a response from one of the writers about possibly joining. I'm a huge fan of the site, really hoping to get in to writing a few of my own (abridged) scripts.

@sanford: I also love "Signs". It's my second favorite Shyamalan movie.

MrG
1. The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy (treated as one film)
2. District 9
3. The Dark Knight
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. Moon

Close calls:
Batman Begins
28 Days Later
Jurassic Park
The Matrix
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

MrG wrote:1. The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy (treated as one film)
2. District 9
3. The Dark Knight
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. Moon

Close calls:
Batman Begins
28 Days Later
Jurassic Park
The Matrix
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
That's a darn good list, I love almost all those movies (except maybe Shawshank)

I'm sorry but you can't count three films as one that is absolutely ridiculous.

RomanM wrote:I'm sorry but you can't count three films as one that is absolutely ridiculous.
Agreed. I don't understand the logic behind counting a set of films as a single movie; it doesn't make sense.

Those movies feel like one giant film that was edited into three films. There not like Star Wars where each film had a very unique feel and were directed by different filmmakers. I can understand how a huge fan of Lord Of The Rings could be seen as one huge film. I just don't see them that way.
Say Girl