All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 4:50 pm
I'm confident this is gonna be great. Agree about all the obvious Avatar nitpicks, but you can't bet against the sequel guy who did T2 and Aliens
Man, Titanic 2 would be killing it

He could try, but there already is a Titanic 2 lol

Nomis wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 5:21 pm
He could try, but there already is a Titanic 2 lol
And it's amazing! lol

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 4:50 pm
I'm more excited by four films than a single one

It means there's probably an ambitious overarching story. And Cameron worked with co-writers on each of them this time. And worked years on the scripts alone, delaying the production.

I'm confident this is gonna be great. Agree about all the obvious Avatar nitpicks, but you can't bet against the sequel guy who did T2 and Aliens
All of this.

Yeah but T2 and Aliens were sequels to Terminator and Alien, two great movies with an established and amazing visual language. This will be a sequel to the mediocre Avatar.

I will take "mediocre Avatar" any day over majority of shit we are getting out there.

LelekPL wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 6:44 pm
Yeah but T2 and Aliens were sequels to Terminator and Alien, two great movies with an established and amazing visual language. This will be a sequel to the mediocre Avatar.
Criticize Avatar's story all you want, but Avatar doesn't have "established and amazing visual language"?? Avatar literally redefined the visual language of cinema.

Whether you like the movie or not, you cannot deny the impact Avatar had on the film industry as a whole.

James, where the hell is that Blu-ray? This movie totally blew my mind when I first saw it in theater. Totally felt I was the only one that love the movie back then. The Director's Cut blew my mind even more. This movie(Director's Cut) which to me is so underrated ranked third behind Aliens and T2.

For some reason I thought in the Theater's Cut Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio's character slap another woman(news anchor) at the end of the movie but I can't recall what movie I'm getting it mix up with.

EDIT: LMAO! Finally decided to find out why this been playing out in my head over 30yrs. No wonder why I couldn't find that movie because I mistaken Kirstie Alley for Meg Foster. Leviathan which came out in 1989 also and have the same underwater premise. No wonder I thought the Leviathan ending was part of The Abyss. I can finally laid that to rest now. To think of it. Leviathan is probably the reason The Abyss failed at the Box Office since it came out 6 months earlier with almost the exact same premise.

Something else to keep us fans occupy until we get our True Lies and The Abyss blu-ray and waiting for the Avatar sequels.

The Abyss turns 30: How James Cameron pushed boundaries and almost killed his actors.

‘The Abyss’: James Cameron’s Exploration of Humanity and Love in the Heart of the Ocean.

My appreciation for The Abyss went up a couple of notches more after watching this.