All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nolan62 wrote:
November 2nd, 2018, 2:24 pm
Cameron has revealed the tittles for the sequels : https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46059129
This week however, BBC News has seen documentation regarding future Avatar plans which makes reference to four specific projects. Avatar: The Way of Water, Avatar: The Seed Bearer, Avatar: The Tulkun Rider and Avatar: The Quest for Eywa.
All those tittles suck ass.

Titles fit for:

The Way of Water - documentary.

The Seed Bearer - softcore.

The Tulkun Rider - hardcore.

The Quest for Eywa - teen fantasy novel, first in the series.

They need to do a sequel to the Papyrus sketch now. It's the best thing that came out out of Avatar.

What are those titles... Not feeling it.

Also, request thread title change lol

can't wait till we all communicate through the shorthand WOW, TSB, TTR and QFE

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 12:46 pm
can't wait till we all communicate through the shorthand WOW, TSB, TTR and QFE
Lol yeah.

All of these are just fine in the context of Avatar world. Miles better than Annihilation or Resurrection or whatever. People need to start trusting The King, for once.🕷

James Cameron: The ‘Avatar’ Sequels Have Wrapped Production
This just in from Pandora: James Cameron says the Avatar sequels have reached a major milestone with the completion of all principal photography involving main cast members.

In a video message, the director of the two highest-grossing films of all time (Avatar and Titanic) praised the ensemble of actors who have been filming Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 since September 2017.

“Hi, James Cameron here and today I’m coming to you from the set of the Avatar sequels — and behind me you can see our performance-capture stage. Today we’re capturing some stunt scenes filming some stunt scenes but our principal cast are all wrapped: Sam [Worthington], Zoe [Saldana], Sigourney [Weaver], Stephen Lang, Kate Winslet.”

The Oscar-winning filmmaker added: “They’re done now but they gave us incredible performances. And I can’t tell you how proud I am of the work that they did on these films.”

Avatar 2 is due in theaters on December 18, 2020, and will be followed by Avatar 3 on December 17, 2021. Two additional sequels are planned after that if the first pair deliver the kind of box-office success that Fox and Cameron are expecting.

Wait, did they shoot all 3 movies? Like they did with LOTR?

They shot 2 movies back to back, not 3.

How am I just now reading about The Abyss?
Cameron responded to these complaints, saying, "For every hour they spent trying to figure out what magazine to read, we spent an hour at the bottom of the tank breathing compressed air."
What an insulting response and treatment of actors