All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 8:50 am
In other news, Avatar 2 has not been delayed due to being so damned far away from the corona virus! But stay tuned! You never know how many extra years James needs
Shut up you. :(

As to be expected and with basically everything else in production now production suspended

but I do wonder how far along they were and if the majority of Avatar 2 and even Avatar 3 was 'in the computer' lol

also the work on the films' VFX is set to continue

They announced the end of principal photography months ago. So this might be for the sequels or reshoots.

Nah that was just an announcement that they had a Christmas break, but there was still some work left on A2 iirc

But anyway, WETA's work will continue, Cameron said they work on the schedule on a daily basis and you know, maybe he can finally shoehorn some time in there to review the 4K/HDR remasters of True Lies and The Abyss dammit! Those are just waiting there to be reviewed...

God I really hope to see a proper* remaster of The Abyss one day, the craft that went in there is incredible (yes in True Lies too but there was an adequate HD one on TV not that long ago and I watched that :))

*Similar to how amazing Aliens looks on blu-ray, same as The Terminator but not T2...

All this underwater filming reminds me of Cameron's Abyss, hopefully it is a lot smoother. Good movie but the shoot was a nightmare. Ed Harris almost drown.

just dropping in a periodic reminder that cameron is one of the greatest living filmmakers and it doesn't behove anyone to bet against him

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 7:23 pm
just dropping in a periodic reminder that cameron is one of the greatest living filmmakers and it doesn't behove anyone to bet against him

-Vader
And yet we play that same rodeo every time, since Aliens.

My theory is that, since he has such big gaps in between movies, new generations are created and the good majority just doesn't educate themselves enough with the past movies.

Funny even thinking about it but I guess Avatar is distant past and 'oldie' for kids on twitter these days.

I will see the new Avatar like 50 times since it will come out at the end of the pandemic and I would be able to get out of the house.

Heck I'll watch it more times than MyCocaine's viewings of IT and Joker and we all know he contributed at least 75% of the box office for those filmés.