James Cameron's Avatar Sequels (2022-2028)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Erik wrote:Image
You are SOOOOOO bad.... :clap:
Really funny. You made my day.

:lol: That's really funny.

What really depress me is that THIS movie will became the top grossing movie of all time. I just can understand, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. :(

natalie wrote:Ok, that's it. The writers guild nominated Avatar for best "original sreenplay"?
This is a joke. :o

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni1398850/
Did you really think these awards ment anything at all? It's ALL about politics, ratings, who should have won before and more. If you list what most critics today regard as the 1000 greatest movies of all time and you look how many won the oscar... or you could list the 100 greatest directors and see how many won best director award..

They can't deside if their honoring films as an art or whats hot, so it becomes something in-between. THAT is why they give shitty films like The Sound of Music, Oliver!, Kramer vs. Kramer, Ordinary People, Terms of Endearment, Out of Africa, Dances with Wolves, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, Titanic, Shakespeare in Love, A Beatiful Mind - so many awards.

I didn't see Slumdog, Frost/Nixon and The Reader on many top of the decade lists, but I sure saw The Wrestler and The Dark Knight...
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:
natalie wrote:Ok, that's it. The writers guild nominated Avatar for best "original sreenplay"?

They can't deside if their honoring films as an art or whats hot, so it becomes something in-between. THAT is why they give shitty films like The Sound of Music, Oliver!, Kramer vs. Kramer, Ordinary People, Terms of Endearment, Out of Africa, Dances with Wolves, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, Titanic, Shakespeare in Love, A Beatiful Mind - so many awards.

I didn't see Slumdog, Frost/Nixon and The Reader on many top of the decade lists, but I sure saw The Wrestler and The Dark Knight...
A lot of the films you listed are actually good movies, but I see the point that you are trying to make.

Slumdog was okay. Very mediocre in my opinion. Frost/Nixon was awesome! The Reader was just not very well done. As for The Wrestler, I haven't seen that movie. The Dark Knight is number 2 in my best of the decade list. Right behind There Will Be Blood.

Robin wrote:

Did you really think these awards ment anything at all? It's ALL about politics, ratings, who should have won before and more. If you list what most critics today regard as the 1000 greatest movies of all time and you look how many won the oscar... or you could list the 100 greatest directors and see how many won best director award..

Don't worry I know all that. But Titanic got 14 nominations and at least they have the decency to not commit the crime and nominate it for that particular cathegory.
The screenplay cathegory always was the "comfort" award for good filmakers.

That is very true natalie.
@sammyjankis88

lol@ you haters