All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This looks more like an advert for a theme park than for a film. The trailers don't really give me a sense that this film has any real story so far.

This was way better than first trailer.

I just can not get excited for this film. And I'm a huge James Cameron fan.

It came in that this movie will be released in China December 17. First major Hollywood title in months. Cinemas are dying here and here's hope that it can bring some light.

Batfan175 wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 3:30 am
This looks more like an advert for a theme park than for a film. The trailers don't really give me a sense that this film has any real story so far.
The plot is this (I watched a new TV spot)
The humans are returning.
Personally, the more I think about it more I think we are underestimating it.

I won't bet against Cameron, but I wish he had another hook in the marketing of the film other than "come back for more Avatar stuff."

It doesn't have to make 2 billion. That's nonsense. Nobody would give anyone a billion
dollars to make a movie, not even Cameron.

Cameron just said:
“you have to be the third or fourth highest-grossing film in history. That’s your threshold. That’s your break even.
He most likely meant domestically, not globally. So it probably needs to make about 700 million in America to be profitable. Which makes sense - a 350 or 400 million dollar movie with marketing is believable.

It might not make that much in America but with revenue from global markets it will definitely be profitable.

The article is just misleading.

LelekPL wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 6:53 pm
It doesn't have to make 2 billion. That's nonsense. Nobody would give anyone a billion
dollars to make a movie, not even Cameron.

Cameron just said:
“you have to be the third or fourth highest-grossing film in history. That’s your threshold. That’s your break even.
He most likely meant domestically, not globally. So it probably needs to make about 700 million in America to be profitable. Which makes sense - a 350 or 400 million dollar movie with marketing is believable.

It might not make that much in America but with revenue from global markets it will definitely be profitable.

The article is just misleading.
Exactly. There is no way this movie had over a billion dollar budget. Not Cameron. Not Spielberg. Not Nolan. No one gets that kind of money.