All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 3:50 pm
Bacon wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Why do we even need a sequel to this, let alone 4...?
Whining about it in one thread is not good enough, huh?£
Figured this was the more relevant thread to post in, but the real reason isn't what you'll listen to or ever believe, is it?

At least I'm complaining about it less than you're whining about everything I post recently. For a mod, you sure have learned recently to target and bait like a troll. If literally any member posted the way you have the past month, they'd get banned -- possibly even by you.

Bacon wrote:
Cameron obviously has stories to tell and you know, it's Cameron. Most of his films are fantastic and I'll watch anything he makes. Four Avatar sequels? Sure why not. As of yet I'm excited for the first sequel and I'll really start to care about the others after because they're so far away but yeah Cameron is one of the best

Nomis wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 6:23 pm
Bacon wrote:
Cameron obviously has stories to tell and you know, it's Cameron. Most of his films are fantastic and I'll watch anything he makes. Four Avatar sequels? Sure why not. As of yet I'm excited for the first sequel and I'll really start to care about the others after because they're so far away but yeah Cameron is one of the best
Avatar is pretty great (and it still holds up strongly imo), but the concept just doesn't lend itself to 4 sequels in my opinion, unless they do some serious legwork. The character development in the first movie is one of the weaker parts of the film (if not the weakest). Cameron's gonna make good movies, I'm sure of it, but it'd be so much more exhilarating to see him tackle something other than Avatar for the next decade (and the previous one as well). The amount of time it's been continuously delayed also doesn't exactly hype me up because it feels like they didn't know what they were doing with the film rather than perfecting some ultra-high tech effects.

Well Alien and Star Wars seemed like sealed off stories and look at those sequels. Same goes for Terminator, T2 is the superior film imo. Not to forget that Cameron made Aliens and the two Terminator films lol. I have faith in him delivering not only technical marvels but great films as well.

Plot twist, James Cameron dies before these films are made.

PowerDump wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 11:47 am
Plot twist, James Cameron dies before these films are made.
So this is the Song of Ice and Fire of the movie world?

I want Cameron to make other films after the Avatar saga too

Also request thread title change to: James Cameron's Avatar Sequels (2021-2027)

I feel like Cameron is gonna make Avatar sequels for the rest of his life and that's it. And now Disney owns Star Wars, Marvel and Avatar

If the 2nd and 3rd are damn good why the hell not? Since the Terminator is is being taken over by Tim Miller, Alita by Robert Rodriguez, Alien by Ridley Scott and hopefully Neill Blomkamp I can't really think of what James Cameron should tackle other than this. Hopefully after 2nd and 3rd film James should give it to someone else and hopefully go back to more hard core sci fi. I wouldn't mind his action takes on a Blade Runner movie. Or hopefully him Cruise is serious of doing a space movie.

I'm more excited by four films than a single one

It means there's probably an ambitious overarching story. And Cameron worked with co-writers on each of them this time. And worked years on the scripts alone, delaying the production.

I'm confident this is gonna be great. Agree about all the obvious Avatar nitpicks, but you can't bet against the sequel guy who did T2 and Aliens