What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Freddy Vs. Jason - 1/10

Wish I hadn't.

RIFA wrote:you didn't get the movie. at all. congratulations for being ignorant and assuming that you know what Reitman wanted with this movie. As for your knowledge: the movie succeeds exactly it's purposes. That's why it's a good movie. :roll:
To use the argument that because Clooneys character is shallow in the film, its fine that the film is aswell (when it tries not to)shows why you shouldn't read rottentomatoes to form your opinion (ohh snap). I have an opinion and can defend my arguments because Im a grown ass man. Not the ignorant retard who uses "you didn't get the movie" as an argument. For me, Up in the Air is a slightly above average movie that offers nothing new or interesting that I haven't seen a million times before. It was the "lets find this years quirky indi film, and praise it for no reason" film of 2009. The films explisit and implisitt meaning is so overused and is a pure cliché at this point. Even the filmmaking is bland - example; shooting Clooney in big open spaces (airports, wow that's fresh and clever) to imply his inner state is done so much better in films like lets say Punch-Drunk Love..

You know, Its dosnt matter to me if the film succeeds exactly it's purposes, when the films purposes has zero ambition and has been done so much better in so many other films..
@sammyjankis88

just because he liked the film you assume he used rottentomatoes to form his opinion?

I watched the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street... ugh so terrible. 3/10.
But I followed it up with some good ol' American Beauty 9.5/10

RomanM wrote:I watched the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street... ugh so terrible. 3/10.
But I followed it up with some good ol' American Beauty 9.5/10
For what nightmare on elm street is I really did not think it was as a bad as everyone makes it. Jackie Earl Haley's performance was admirable.

Hated it and Haley's indecisive performance. If you're going to be comical, be comical. If you going to be sadistic and super dark, do that. If you want to do both, hire a better writer.

Infernal Affairs

Rewatched this again. One of my favourite foreign movies ever. I actually noticed something today. There are many, many refferences to Infernal Affairs 2 in here (IA 2 takes place before the events of IA 1). It's just amazing!

9/10
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

RomanM wrote:Hated it and Haley's indecisive performance. If you're going to be comical, be comical. If you going to be sadistic and super dark, do that. If you want to do both, hire a better writer.
did you watch another movie? The character was definately the latter without a doubt. 2 "joke" one-liners don't make him comical.
The original however falls under your claim

The Experiment (2010) - 6.3/10.

:think:

Anyone seen Buried?