What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mr.Hmmm wrote:
Nolan hides Gordon - who is known as dead - in the car chase scenes, just like he hides "the twin" in The Prestige.
that's not a nod and that's not a spoiler lol.

Mr.Hmmm wrote:I do apologise. I could use the spoiler thing but I forgot. (Damn, I shouldn't have forgotten, look what happened. :crazy: )

So here:
Nolan hides Gordon - who is known as dead - in the car chase scenes, just like he hides "the twin" in The Prestige.
Yea, that's a bit of a stretch there to view that as a nod to The Prestige.

CrazyEight wrote:
That takes one hell of a stretch to be considered a nod to The Prestige.
It's very clear it's a nod to The Prestige. I don't know why it is difficult to see. Same style, same twist.

@RIFA: Not EVERYONE seen The Prestige. You are forgetting that there are guests visiting the forum. And you have to admit, it spoils the whole movie (The Prestige) for people who haven't seen it yet.

There Will Be Blood

I'm glad I finally got to rewatch this, it went from a film I had very mixed feelings about to hitting number 7 on my all time list. Daniel Day Lewis gives one of if not the best performance ever in this film.

It's very clear it's a nod to The Prestige. I don't know why it is difficult to see. Same style, same twist.
No, not at all. Gordon is supposed to be dead, Alfred's twin brother is never supposed to be dead, hell, were not supposed to know he exists. Faking a death and a character having a twin brother the audience doesn't know about are completely different; the only relation is that Nolan is hiding a character. How you see it as a nod is beyond me.

the nod to the prestige is when the joker says " How about a magic trick? I'm gonna make this pencil disappear.Ta-daa! It's... it's gone."

CrazyEight wrote:No, not at all. Gordon is supposed to be dead, Alfred's twin brother is never supposed to be dead, hell, were not supposed to know he exists. Faking a death and a character having a twin brother the audience doesn't know about are completely different; the only relation is that Nolan is hiding a character. How you see it as a nod is beyond me.
+1

Anywayz...

V For Vendetta (2005) - 8,7/10.

I find it a little bit better than Batman Begins... the message of this movie is beautifully delivered... 8-)

CrazyEight wrote:
No, not at all. Gordon is supposed to be dead, Alfred's twin brother is never supposed to be dead, hell, were not supposed to know he exists. Faking a death and a character having a twin brother the audience doesn't know about are completely different; the only relation is that Nolan is hiding a character. How you see it as a nod is beyond me.
Of course Gordon wouldn't have a twin. Come on. And yes Nolan is hiding Gordon is a nod to, lets say, same style in The Prestige which the way the twin is hidden.
And "magic trick" is a nod too, but to the "content" of the movie. I'm talking about "style", different things.

ps. I'm sensitive about the spoiler thing because, The Prestige is such a beautiful movie that I don't want it to be spoiled for those who haven't seen it.

Mr.Hmmm wrote:
Of course Gordon wouldn't have a twin. Come on. And yes Nolan is hiding Gordon is a nod to, lets say, same style in The Prestige which the way the twin is hidden.
And "magic trick" is a nod too, but to the "content" of the movie. I'm talking about "style", different things.

ps. I'm sensitive about the spoiler thing because, The Prestige is such a beautiful movie that I don't want it to be spoiled for those who haven't seen it.
Same style isn't a nod... you know how many movies use the same style from other movies? that doesn't mean anything... I'm sure Nolan didn't even think about that nod... and I'm wondering who on this forum did not saw The Prestige because I think everyone has seen it at least once.

I never implied the possibility of Gordon having a twin. What part of my comment makes you come to the conclusion that I feel as though I've made some "brilliant" observation that the possibility of Gordon having a twin is slim to none? And aside from minor similarities that are used often in storytelling; why do you think it's nod? Has Nolan ever stated that it's a nod to The Prestige? In fact, your the only person on this forum, IMDB, in interviews or reviews that has ever tried to make this connection.

Anyone figure out the nod directed towards The Abyss in Avatar?
In The Abyss the ocean looks somewhat blue; so the Na'vi/Avatar's being blue is an obvious nod.