What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Shark Tale was really bad imo. I agree, more HTTYD is needed from Dreamworks Animation. They also need to shy away from having a slew of recognizable names for their voice acting parts. Sometimes it feels like they hire people just because their name is a draw and not because they're right for the character.

TeddyBlass wrote:Shark Tale was really bad imo. I agree, more HTTYD is needed from Dreamworks Animation. They also need to shy away from having a slew of recognizable names for their voice acting parts. Sometimes it feels like they hire people just because their name is a draw and not because they're right for the character.
do you think its a good idea to make a sequel to HTTYD? i think it'll be cool & it is coming out in 2013.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:Shark Tale was really bad imo. I agree, more HTTYD is needed from Dreamworks Animation. They also need to shy away from having a slew of recognizable names for their voice acting parts. Sometimes it feels like they hire people just because their name is a draw and not because they're right for the character.
do you think its a good idea to make a sequel to HTTYD? i think it'll be cool & it is coming out in 2013.
Still iffy about it since its by Dreamworks but I hope it will be a decent sequel since there are like nine books in that series and they are adapting it.

in my opinion, toy story 3 & how to train your dragon are instant classics but toy story was the 1st movie i ever watched & offers more nostalgia so i liked toy story 3 more.
Are you aware of the definition of the word "classic"?

Salt (2010)- 6.2/10

Get Him to the Greek (2010)- 8.2/10

micool wrote:The Social Network 9/10

1st half of this movie is brilliant, 2nd half is just good and def falls off, not as good as the 1st half. Garfield's acting <<<. IMO he was easily the worst out of the cast. Hammer and Eisenberg were very good. Great, solid movie.

Andrew Garfield the worst cast? You got to be kidding me... that guy will be nominated for supporting role... I bet 3000 bucks on that... :roll:

#1fan wrote:
RomanM wrote:I now hate myself for sitting through Sprski (A Serbian Film)... Never ever in my life, have I seen a film more repulsive and fucking ugh. I can't believe someone made that. I cannot believe.
gorey or adult content-y ?
Dude... newborn babies being raped, children being raped and drugged, it's just horrible. It's a horrible movie, I don't know why people would want to film such things. I mean I don't understand.

RomanM wrote:Dude... newborn babies being raped, children being raped and drugged, it's just horrible. It's a horrible movie, I don't know why people would want to film such things. I mean I don't understand.
Prolly because they are fuc*ed up mentally and they think that's awesome? :eh: I won't be surprised if some of these so-called "directors" could actually be a rapist or a murderer in real life... a real psycho... you never know... especially when you deliver such a insane movie... :think:

RIFA wrote:
RomanM wrote:Dude... newborn babies being raped, children being raped and drugged, it's just horrible. It's a horrible movie, I don't know why people would want to film such things. I mean I don't understand.
Prolly because they are fuc*ed up mentally and they think that's awesome? :eh: I won't be surprised if some of these so-called "directors" could actually be a rapist or a murderer in real life... a real psycho... you never know... especially when you deliver such a insane movie... :think:
I don't think whoever made that film thought it was awesome to show children being raped - I think what they were trying to do was show the reality of a conflict which happened in Serbia and sadly this kind of thing *did* happen.

That said, I cannot understand why anyone would want to depict any of these acts on screen *graphically* and multiple times at that. Films like Mysterious Skin show that you can deal with a tricky subject like child rape without ever seeming cheap and shocking, so there is really no excuse. I don't personally believe in film censorship and, yes, no real children were harmed in the making of this film, but I do think there are some things that should be handled with care, and that just didn't happen with A Serbian Film.

Intolerable Cruelty (2003) - 7,1/10.

I just like this movie... it's entertaining and beautiful to watch... Clooney & Zeta-Jones... probably one of the best "couples" in movie-history... they have such great chemistry... :D

The Dark Knight - 9.8/10

Another viewing. There are not many movies like this. *Beautiful storytelling, the interpretation of Two-Face being the symbol of chance and Joker being the symbol of chaos, the similarities between chance and chaos. Becoming symbols, Two-Face and Joker can't be interpreted more beautiful and skillfully than this. Ending, the evolution of Batman. *Amazing performance from Ledger *Combination of different elements: Kubrick-style car chase/batpod scenes, Batman outside Gotham, a nod to The Prestige (not telling what it is, not to spoil it) etc. A lot in a movie.