What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
742 wrote:Deathly Hallows

It was very good.
Dobby's death was very well done, and the animated sequence was fantastic.
just looked on twitter & saw that
Rip dobby was trending. not the best way too spoil a movie
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 8.5/10

thenextnolan wrote:
742 wrote:Deathly Hallows

It was very good.
Dobby's death was very well done, and the animated sequence was fantastic.
just looked on twitter & saw that
Rip dobby was trending. not the best way too spoil a movie
Even worse are the titles of the songs in the score (which was great). Every major event is given away.

KINGOM OF HEAVEN - Ridley Scott --- 2005

7/10

White Squall (1996) 9/10

severely underrated

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

98/100 » A+

The beginning of the end of the most audacious (and best?) film series ever attempted is a knock-out! It's dark and daring, but still full of awe and wonder. There is humor and tension relief infused into the bleak and often harrowing plot. The acting is outstanding. These kids really grew into talented and special young adults. As usual, there is a who's-who of British acting in the film, and the various characters are cast wonderfully. The cinematography is phenomenal, and the score (by new-to-the-series composer Alexandre Desplat) is among the best in the franchise. Overall a brilliant installment in the Harry Potter series that left me with a lump in my throat and wanting more!

TeddyBlass wrote:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

98/100 » A+

The beginning of the end of the most audacious (and best?) film series ever attempted is a knock-out! It's dark and daring, but still full of awe and wonder. There is humor and tension relief infused into the bleak and often harrowing plot. The acting is outstanding. These kids really grew into talented and special young adults. As usual, there is a who's-who of British acting in the film, and the various characters are cast wonderfully. The cinematography is phenomenal, and the score (by new-to-the-series composer Alexandre Desplat) is among the best in the franchise. Overall a brilliant installment in the Harry Potter series that left me with a lump in my throat and wanting more!
I know this kind of off topic but I forgot to ask you at the time.. is part of the reason you like the The Social Network so much is because you related to it because you also created a website?

I'd say that likely had some influence on me. Plus, I am the same age as Mark. TSN feels like a great representation of my generations college experience.

I do want to see the Harry Potter film but I haven't seen like the last three (which might sound surprising as I read all the books and really liked them). I did enjoy the films somewhat but ever since I've truly gotten into films in the past two years I've never really watched one of them. Anyways, it is pretty amazing how well reviewed the series has been as a whole, has there been any series that has 7 entrys that has been reviewed so highly (granted it is based on books)?

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (2001)- 8.1/10