What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Rope is an amazing film. It's sad that the movie doesn't get the appreciation it deserves.

I'm sorry, I just got a little bored.
Anyway, Rear Window is in fact in the DVD box I got. Haven't seen it yet, but I will soon. I will buy another Hitchcock DVD box that will have 7 more movies. I believe Lifeboat is one of them.

Last movie:
Inception
Finally my second watch!

I have to say that the movie still kicks ass, but it didn't leave me as satisfied as the first watch. I'm a bit sceptical of it all. Is this, or isn't this going to be in my top 5 of all times?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:I'm sorry, I just got a little bored.
Anyway, Rear Window is in fact in the DVD box I got. Haven't seen it yet, but I will soon. I will buy another Hitchcock DVD box that will have 7 more movies. I believe Lifeboat is one of them.

Last movie:
Inception
Finally my second watch!

I have to say that the movie still kicks ass, but it didn't leave me as satisfied as the first watch. I'm a bit sceptical of it all. Is this, or isn't this going to be in my top 5 of all times?
how is it not as good as the 1st viewing? for me, after 7 movie theatres viewings, it still feels like i was watching for the 1st time.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - (8,2/10)

thenextnolan wrote: how is it not as good as the 1st viewing? for me, after 7 movie theatres viewings, it still feels like i was watching for the 1st time.
I honestly don't know.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
thenextnolan wrote: how is it not as good as the 1st viewing? for me, after 7 movie theatres viewings, it still feels like i was watching for the 1st time.
I honestly don't know.
I actually had the opposite reactions. The 1st time I couldn't comprehend everything, and I almost felt a little disappointed. (although it was @ midnight, too) Then two weeks later came the 2nd viewing and not only did it all made sense this time, but I also liked it a lot more. That was one of the best movie going experiences of my life. Since then I have seen it 2 more times, and the more times I see it the more I like it. I notice more things each time I watch it.

Same thing w/ The Prestige, Memento. didn't like as much first time, but after waiting a while and seeing again it's incredible! I can miss a lot and I find new things on each viewing.

Erik wrote:I'm sorry, I just got a little bored.

Last movie:
Inception
Finally my second watch!

the skeptical thing is something I felt too. You have to really think about everything that goes on in the film, and you'll realize there's an answer for it all. Nolan did it quite well, actually

Well, the thing is that Memento and The Prestige raise a lot of questions, but in the end everything is explained. Inception is the exact opposite. Everything is explained, but the ending raises a final question.

Stand by Me - 7/10

Pure nostalgia

I actually had the opposite reactions. The 1st time I couldn't comprehend everything, and I almost felt a little disappointed. (although it was @ midnight, too) Then two weeks later came the 2nd viewing and not only did it all made sense this time, but I also liked it a lot more. That was one of the best movie going experiences of my life. Since then I have seen it 2 more times, and the more times I see it the more I like it. I notice more things each time I watch it.

Same thing w/ The Prestige, Memento. didn't like as much first time, but after waiting a while and seeing again it's incredible! I can miss a lot and I find new things on each viewing
That pretty much sums up most Nolan films for me and I definitely feel the same with Inception, felt some disappointment the first viewing and absolutely loved it the second time (awesome crowd at the theater too).