What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
Mr.Hmmm wrote:
Of course Gordon wouldn't have a twin. Come on. And yes Nolan is hiding Gordon is a nod to, lets say, same style in The Prestige which the way the twin is hidden.
And "magic trick" is a nod too, but to the "content" of the movie. I'm talking about "style", different things.

ps. I'm sensitive about the spoiler thing because, The Prestige is such a beautiful movie that I don't want it to be spoiled for those who haven't seen it.
Same style isn't a nod... you know how many movies use the same style from other movies? that doesn't mean anything... I'm sure Nolan didn't even think about that nod... and I'm wondering who on this forum did not saw The Prestige because I think everyone has seen it at least once.
geez... someone is angry.. Go take some fresh air. You know, you don't have to say "no" to everything I say "yes" to. The way you even answered the spoiler thing made me laugh. :lol: Ok, now read again, I didn't mean people on the forum:
Mr.Hmmm wrote:@RIFA: Not EVERYONE seen The Prestige. You are forgetting that there are guests visiting the forum. And you have to admit, it spoils the whole movie (The Prestige) for people who haven't seen it yet.
You can't win an argument unless you can't stay calm.

When it comes to the style thing. We are not talking about just two random movies. They both belong to Nolan.
Last edited by Mr.Hmmm on November 9th, 2010, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyEight wrote:In fact, your the only person on this forum, IMDB, in interviews or reviews that has ever tried to make this connection.
Different point of view. I can have one. Right? And I'm not trying as much as you do guys. Not a big deal, ok. I'll say "ok you win" just to end this whatever going on...

Different point of view. I can have one. Right? And I'm not trying as much as you do guys. Not a big deal, ok. I'll say "ok you win" just to end this whatever going on...
Of course your entitled to a different point of view. A nod to previous films isn't about opinion, there's either a nod or not; bending facts to fit what sounds good to you isn't "a point of view". You claimed how "obvious" the nod was when you seem to know full well that your the first to ever even consider the discussed event in the film a nod.

And of course Nolan has the same style as his previous films. That's a no brainer, it's HIS style, that doesn't make everything he does a nod to previous films. The music in Inception is similar to that of The Dark Knight, the opening title sequence is very similar to that of The Dark Knight as well, but are those nods? No. It's Nolan's style.

CrazyEight wrote:
Of course your entitled to a different point of view. A nod to previous films isn't about opinion, there's either a nod or not; bending facts to fit what sounds good to you isn't "a point of view". You claimed how "obvious" the nod was when you seem to know full well that your the first to ever even consider the discussed event in the film a nod.

And of course Nolan has the same style as his previous films. That's a no brainer, it's HIS style, that doesn't make everything he does a nod to previous films. The music in Inception is similar to that of The Dark Knight, the opening title sequence is very similar to that of The Dark Knight as well, but are those nods? No. It's Nolan's style.
No, no. Music and style in general is a different subject. What I'm talking about is specific similarity between one scene and The Prestige. Not the whole movie, but just the part about Gordon. Nolan repeats the same process. He hides him on the screen and then reveals him. Much like The Prestige. And I say it's a nod. What was so important about it? I really don't understand. I do apologise if I can't share the same sensitivity about films & filmmaking. I just shared my opinion.

Stranger than Fiction: 3 1/2 out of 4 stars A well written movie with an original plot, the piece that brings this film all together is the surprising dramatic performance from Will Ferrell, along with well-rounded performances from the other cast members.

Vasticity wrote:Stranger than Fiction: 3 1/2 out of 4 stars A well written movie with an original plot, the piece that brings this film all together is the surprising dramatic performance from Will Ferrell, along with well-rounded performances from the other cast members.
I love this movie, I could watch it every day.

Rocknrolla- 7.8/10- Gritty fun movie with great performances ( Mark Strong, Tom Hardy, Tom Wilkinson, Gerard Butler, Thandie Newton.) Also good directing from Guy Ritchie he has a lot of similarities in his style from Sherlock Holmes.

Dil chahta hai -- 9.5/10

Its my favourite Hindi movie. Though I am not a big fan of bollywood but I consider this movie to be among the best India has ever produced. I have lost count of my viewings of this movie. The movie has awesome songs and brilliant acting by all the actors esp. Aamir Khan. Its Fresh, invigorating, romantic, bizarre even!

They don't make films like this in the West - and more's the pity but hence the freshness.
As with all Hindi films, it is pure melodrama of course. The ability to suspend one's disbelief is a necessity. But that aside, it has all the attributes of a good old fashioned Hollywood romance. Boy meets girl, boy loses girl... etc., times three.

All in all, fantastic fun which I plan to watch again and again. Highly recommended.

Mr.Hmmm wrote:whatever I said
Who said I was/I am mad? :lol:

I was just stating that I don't like when someone talks about something and then leaves the whole topic in the air... I think that happened before to you and I don't think you enjoy that... It was a simple remark.

Second, chill with this fronting or whatever you're doing. I'm just saying that that is not a nod imo and you're just "seeing" too many were nothing is to be seen, but who says I'm right in the first place?

LOL, just because I don't agree with something you said doesn't mean I go "no" for every "yes" of yours. That's ridiculous and being mad is out of discussion. Right now I'm listening to great music and eating a Bounty chocolate. :lol: And If I remember right you're not some user that I didn't co-signed in something he said before. So I think you're overreacting... :roll:

Cop Land 8/10

a really good movie that examines rotten cops theme