What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Due Date 7.5

Jr was great but I'm just somewhat sick of Zach Galifnasdsgvfafsaasdvg
Say Girl

Sherlock Holmes: 3 out of 4 Makes a great ride up until the disappointing final end scene.
Labyrinth: 2 & 1/2 out of 4 A silly but fun movie.
Tropic Thunder: 3 & 1/2 out of 4 Makes a mark not only as a comedy but as a good film overall with memorable characters, jokes, and plot.

Is anyone going to watch SKYLINE? :mrgreen:

Rohan wrote:Is anyone going to watch SKYLINE? :mrgreen:
pre ordered tickets :)

RIFA wrote:
Mr.Hmmm wrote:a nod to The Prestige (not telling what it is, not to spoil it)
I don't get this. The movie was seen by everyone and there's nothing to spoil. It's just a "nod" so why not tell what it is or you just want to keep that for yourself and then why even bother mention it? It's like those type of guys that come to you and say "Hey, I saw something awesome today on TV regarding the african culture" and I'm like "Yeah? What?" and he's like "Oh... well you know...different things I'll tell you some other time..." :thumbdown: .. Seriously I hate when this happens because it makes no sense unless you're trying to make people excited for something or to gain people attention or any other obscure and selfish reason.. :roll: So... what's the nod again?
Are you on something?

the social network
9/10

waveking wrote:
Mr.Hmmm wrote:The Dark Knight - 9.8/10

Another viewing. There are not many movies like this. *Beautiful storytelling, the interpretation of Two-Face being the symbol of chance and Joker being the symbol of chaos, the similarities between chance and chaos. Becoming symbols, Two-Face and Joker can't be interpreted more beautiful and skillfully than this. Ending, the evolution of Batman. *Amazing performance from Ledger *Combination of different elements: Kubrick-style car chase/batpod scenes, Batman outside Gotham, a nod to The Prestige (not telling what it is, not to spoil it) etc. A lot in a movie.
A nod to the prestige?? Can you PM me that moment/scene where this happens??
I do apologise. I could use the spoiler thing but I forgot. (Damn, I shouldn't have forgotten, look what happened. :crazy: )

So here:
Nolan hides Gordon - who is known as dead - in the car chase scenes, just like he hides "the twin" in The Prestige.

Serpico - 7/10

Slightly uneven for me but Al Pacino is great as usual

The People Across the Lake - 2/10
The Gendarme in New York - 5.3/10
The Bridge on the River Kwai - 8/10

Nolan hides Gordon - who is known as dead - in the car chase scenes, just like he hides "the twin" in The Prestige.
That takes one hell of a stretch to be considered a nod to The Prestige.