What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bermuda Triangle - 0.1/10

-___-

RIFA wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:you could say the same about inception...
I'll say exactly what steveportee said...

"Ummm, sure you could say that about Inception, if that's your opinion. You can say that about any movie, if you think it's overrated. :roll: "

and I'll add my...

"smh.. "

@ the topic:

Charlie St. Cloud (2010) - 6,1/10.

Impressed me with the story structure and Zac's effort in this project... he gets bashed for nothing anyway... people these days always joke and like to laugh at others who they "think" they "suck" for one reason or another (most times there is no real reason behind their on-going hate towards that person, they just follow the other sheeps, they jump on the bandwagon because they think they might appear cooler in other's eyes ... ) and refuse any project in which that person is involved...

Examples? Many... : Robert Pattinson, Amanda Seyfried (I mean wow... why so mean with her? she's got skills... she has huge chances to become a great actress) and not to mention Lindsay Lohan which is such a good actress but her "naive times" damaged her almost to a dead point... and yes... Zac Efron... "that High School Music guy... oh he sucks because all the 15yo teens wanted him and praised him like god" ... oh that's such a mature reason to hate.. pfff... give the guy a break... he's not Pacino but he's nowhere near bad... :roll: Back to the movie... yeah... I gave it a 6 because it impressed me in a way but still it's average enough...

hahahahahahahaha thats probably the worst movie ever! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Christopher Nolan wrote:
steveportee wrote:
Ummm, sure you could say that about Inception, if that's your opinion. You can say that about any movie, if you think it's overrated. :roll:
you got my point?
Why don't you spell it out for me cuz maybe I'm missing it. Someone said Hurt Locker is good, but overrated. Totally valid, if that's their opinion. You say you could say the same thing about Inception. Again, that's valid if that is how you feel about the movie.

All I'm saying is you can make that comment about any acclaimed movie, and it's valid because it's just someone's opinion. RIFA just gave an honest opinion on a movie, so I don't know what point you were trying to drive home with your comment.

MrG
Dark Nolan wrote:
bLaZe wrote:
Yeah, I don't see the hype. And a lot of people still believe that this was superior to "The Prestige".
what? :eh:

Prestige was gazillion times better
I absolutely loved The Illusionist. An excellent, complex, visual, and tense film... but I also liked The Prestige which was all that and more. But what's so bad about The Illusionist?

RomanM wrote:Gave Apocalypse Now Redux on Blu-Ray a view. Really enjoy that film, beautiful and engaging photography. Its full of wonderful performances, but more importantly, I feel as though it captures the war its based on better than any other war film, including my other all time favorite war film, Saving Private Ryan.
how is the quality? More importantly, does the BR also contain the theatrical cut?
I've never seen the redux version and I never plan on watching it because I've heard many times that it ruins the purpose of the movie and is way inferior to the theatrical.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:hahahahahahahaha thats probably the worst movie ever! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: :roll:

American Psycho great movie and Now to watch snow white.

in honor of halloween, i am gonna watch,what i think,is the scariest movie of all time,the exorcist. in the dark......
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

A Serious Man

with an overall original plot and great writing, acting, and jokes, what's not to like? The ending. It leaves much to be desired. Granted, I don't like open-ended conclusions (except for Inception of course, but even that pissed me off) but it really doesn't suit this movie.

Three and half Arthurs out of four

:JGLface: :JGLface: :JGLface: Image

Catch Me If You Can. Love it so much. 2002 was such a great year for Spielberg. DiCaprio owns his role in every way, it fits his natural charisma like a glove. Hanks is so much fun and Walken is his usual amazing self. I watch it every time it's on TV and I never get tired of it. 9.5/10, easily. :)