What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Boogie Nights - 8/10

Amusing and entertaining satire

PowerDump wrote:"500 days of summer
-best rom-comedy i've ever seen
-non-linear story telling.. a bit like memento
-great use of soundtrack
-jgl shows us that he actually can dance and sing"

lol, is it bad if I'm a guy and I really like this?
not at all, all my friends and I loved it. :thumbup:
Why you lurking my page brah?

The Terminator - (9.8/10)
Terminator 2: The Judgament Day - (10/10)

Green Zone - Not bad. Realistic. 8/10

Rohan wrote:Green Zone - Not bad. Realistic. 8/10
I thought it was one of the most horrendous action films in recent memory.

Greengrass grossly simplified the war and made it neither a satisfying action film nor a passable Iraq War commentary. He essential copied the Bourne style to this and it imply didn't work. Sure, the typical Greengrass style is genuine and serious, but The Greenzone is far from being a realistic portrayal of the Iraq war.

People would accept this maybe five years ago, but in 2010, it's just too late.

To me it's easily Paul Greengrass's worst film, and I'm speaking as an admirer of his work in the past.

A Dog Year - 9/10

Great acting. Amazing performances from the dog...and Jeff Bridges. Beautiful story. :clap: I interpreted the dog as a symbol, the insticts and emotions of a man and the main character can't write because he has been living without accepting his very nature's irrational sides. The path to being a whole again.

I thought it was one of the most horrendous action films in recent memory.

Greengrass grossly simplified the war and made it neither a satisfying action film nor a passable Iraq War commentary. He essential copied the Bourne style to this and it imply didn't work. Sure, the typical Greengrass style is genuine and serious, but The Greenzone is far from being a realistic portrayal of the Iraq war.

People would accept this maybe five years ago, but in 2010, it's just too late.

To me it's easily Paul Greengrass's worst film, and I'm speaking as an admirer of his work in the past.
That's your opinion. When I talk to Greengrass me and him went down and did a analysis on the script as he was combining the truth in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The Blair Witch Project 9.5/10

Rohan wrote: That's your opinion. When I talk to Greengrass me and him went down and did a analysis on the script as he was combining the truth in Afghanistan and Iraq.
He exaggerated and like I said simplified what was happening in Afghanistan and Iraq. Aside from the banal script, Greengrass's direction was very flat as well. The frantic editing and shakycam style is overdone here. Obviously as a former journalist, he would try to make social and political commentary in every film he makes; but from what I've seen in this movie, he seemed to have had a twelve-year olds understanding of the Iraq War.

BTW you mentioned you met him once and did an interview, so where can I find the interview online? What do you make of him as director and as a person?

He exaggerated and like I said simplified what was happening in Afghanistan and Iraq. Aside from the banal script, Greengrass's direction was very flat as well. The frantic editing and shakycam style is overdone here. Obviously as a former journalist, he would try to make social and political commentary in every film he makes; but from what I've seen in this movie, he seemed to have had a twelve-year olds understanding of the Iraq War.

BTW you mentioned you met him once and did an interview, so where can I find the interview online? What do you make of him as director and as a person?
I was kidding about the interview part. I personally enjoy his work and looking forward to see some great films from him.