Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
You're right, we should be nicer to him. :lol:

just saw the latest trailer and omg the cinematography is top notch

this is a must at the big screen

I don't see why people keep saying the cinematography is top notch...

I'm a Planet of The Apes fan (Have the boxset) and I'm watching this on DVD.

They should just re-release Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, such a great film and I can't see this one beating it.

Crazy Eight wrote:I don't see why people keep saying the cinematography is top notch...
because it is

this so sick. you see just how precise the actors are at acting like the chimps. And Serkins facial expressions are so primitive and appropriate for the ape

the Academy needs to create a new category to recognize the talent in films like this

fucking german.

talli wrote:this so sick. you see just how precise the actors are at acting like the chimps. And Serkins facial expressions are so primitive and appropriate for the ape

the Academy needs to create a new category to recognize the talent in films like this
I whole heartily agree. Serkis is absolutely incredible at what he does... a truly unrecognized talent by the Academy and the common people as well.

Crazy Eight wrote:
talli wrote:this so sick. you see just how precise the actors are at acting like the chimps. And Serkins facial expressions are so primitive and appropriate for the ape

I whole heartily agree. Serkis is absolutely incredible at what he does... a truly unrecognized talent by the Academy and the common people as well.
Andy Serkis=WINNING
Smeagol.jpg
Who couldn't love that face??!

Truth is, he should win an oscar every time he puts on a mocap. suit. :clap:

Crazy Eight wrote:

Yeah, completely. The great thing about him is his ability to really capture the emotions and expressions of the creatures or animals he's playing, like Talli said.

His role in this film looks just as deeply believable as his previous roles. This will be something special to watch.