Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Prometheus is an amazing movie but it won't get anything like Best Picture. But I hope it wins Visual Effects over The Avengers, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Red Hood wrote:Prometheus is an amazing movie but it won't get anything like Best Picture. But I hope it wins Visual Effects over The Avengers, but I doubt it's going to happen.
It should.
Say Girl

Funny.
Red Hood wrote:Prometheus is an amazing movie but it won't get anything like Best Picture.
:lol: :lol: You were seriously considering this to be Best Picture material?
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

^ It's a lot better than Avengers.

didich wrote:
Red Hood wrote:Prometheus is an amazing movie but it won't get anything like Best Picture.
:lol: :lol: You were seriously considering this to be Best Picture material?
No. I was just saying this won't be nominated for Best Picture.

Allstar wrote:^ It's a lot better than Avengers.
Not gonna enter this discussion. Oh wait, yes. I'm going to... Because I don't know why the hell the f*cking Avengers should be mentioned AT ALL (at least in my discussion, I agree about the visual effects part though).

Oh, God. Please, I know you have some kind of twisted hate against the film for reasons I personally fail to understand but move on, please.

And nope. Objectively, Prometheus was actually worse. In my opinion, Prometheus was actually much worse. :twisted:
Last edited by didich on October 5th, 2012, 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

The visual effects were better tho.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:The visual effects were better tho.
Never said the contrary. Refer to my previous post if you want to understand my disappointment for such a conversation.

Now, I can understand some people may consider it to be better if they like the style, even if I myself don't think so and consider it an at least arguable opinion in objective terms, but simply the need to bring it to the conversation feels like obvious trolling.

Not the first time it happens, though. Although it's fading over time, people on this site appear to hate the film for no reasons. Even those who are able to give solid arguments hate it more than what their arguments would made permissible. Others just bark and barf all over. I don't know if it's because, this being a Nolan fansite, some people had the silly thought it was a competition between it and TDKR and got angry when TA also turned out to be good (a completely oppresive and groundless position, if you allow me, I fail to comprehend why anyone should be angry at the success of anything so trivial) or if it's just to start a fight. I don't know, I don't care.

The fact that TDKR was one of the best films of the year doesn't make The Avengers any less great, and the constant bashing is (sometimes) just sick. The film was a success, both with critics and audiences, if you don't like it or are angry because it was better than some films you highly anticipated this year like Prometheus, I'm sorry because these are the most appropiate words I can find right now: Deal with it.
Last edited by didich on October 5th, 2012, 4:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.