Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I'm still talking about this movie because it dissappointed me, you're doing the same because you're the exact opposite, so how exactly do I have something personal with it, and you don't? It's funny when you think about it.
Because you're one of those who refused to give it the specific chance this film needed. You're blinded by the small set (by others words a fiasco) of silly mistakes that don't actually interfere with the main story in any way. You were annoyed by few decisions made by characters, decision that were made before, are made, and will forever be made in films like this, because they are part of the typical or general way of progressing through a story. Being typical doesn't equal being bad. When confronted with the idea that this film is not as "brainless" as some of you suggested... most stepped back and resumed to "my opinion is it makes no sense". Which is why I'm trying so hard lately to not give a shit about people's opinions anymore since some of them are completely against the notion of articulate reasoning.
I wanted to say that, personally, I may think you're right. I watched it the first time and I liked it, but as time passed I started 'changing my mindset' so the score kept getting lower as I was more concentrated at the mistakes.

On the other side, I have to say that the bolded argument, while correct from my point of view, can be used for any relatively good film someone says it's bad. Just saying...
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

LiberNovus wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: Thats no review, thats a 40+ page analysis.
Even better. 40 pages is not needed to prove its brilliance..but there is so much it couldn't be made shorter.
r4b - that ain't 40 pages. :facepalm:

The article itself is an interesting dissection. Still doesn't change my own personal opinion of it, which slightly polars yours.

Ready for this shit to come out already.
Say Girl

AFAIK, the blu-ray release isn't till 9th October. Then how come there are HD rips floating around?
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:AFAIK, the blu-ray release isn't till 9th October. Then how come there are HD rips floating around?
How come they are floating around for every other movie, every time? It's simple, review copies, they do get lost in the shuffle...

m4st4 wrote:
Pratham wrote:AFAIK, the blu-ray release isn't till 9th October. Then how come there are HD rips floating around?
How come they are floating around for every other movie, every time? It's simple, review copies, they do get lost in the shuffle...
Any chance of TDKR HD copies before 4th Dec? :tooexcited:
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Any chance of TDKR HD copies before 4th Dec? :tooexcited:
Yes.

We have to wait at least a month and half which seems like a decade to me.

Master Virgo wrote:We have to wait at least a month and half which seems like a decade to me.
I try not to think about it but it's hard.

This was supposed to be Fifield's appearance during his assault on the crew: