Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Scott has consistently proved that he should have nothing to do with story-level decisions, this is just cut from the same cloth.

For all his faults, his brother was a better storyteller. While being an inferior filmmaker.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Scott has consistently proved that he should have nothing to do with story-level decisions, this is just cut from the same cloth.

For all his faults, his brother was a better storyteller. While being an inferior filmmaker.
This

His only great efforts the last 10 years (American Gangster, The Martian), he was basically a director-for-hire for a great script

That should be what happens for the rest of his career. He still make great visuals
Last edited by FuturePast on May 11th, 2017, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:So even Scott admits it was messy.
well yeah

and it is

Now Where Was I ? wrote:His only great efforts the last 10 years (American Gangster, The Martian), he was basically a director-for-hire for a great script
Well he is the quintessential world-builder.

I believe that in the last 10 years, from a purely directorial pov, he's done some great stuff.

American Gangster
Body of Lies
Prometheus
The Counselor
The Martian

What hurts me is that he clearly is not sold on his own work. Which is the problem. Because he made a great decision when the thought of Prometheus. Expanding the Alien universe in that mysterious direction makes sense.

To back down on that idea and throw it under the rug just because a vocal group of people wanted more Alien and xenomorphs is just stupid. I mean you worked so hard to expand this shit only to negate it because of a vocal reaction? What if they'll complain it's too much of the same one year from now? You're gonna bring back engineers?

It's baffling. If you start something, unless it's a total disaster, you rock with it till the end. You don't listen to a bunch of nobodies lol.

I will now always see Handsome Squidward when I see the Engineer

It's a masterpiece compared to Covenant!

LelekPL wrote:It's a masterpiece compared to Covenant!
But then again, you've always had questionable taste in film.

I could say the same for you

LelekPL wrote:I could say the same for you
lol obviously you'd disagree with me, that's the whole point???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My comment was also pointing out that same obviousness. Tastes are not correct or incorrect, they're just different.